Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting X5 Sysex To M1 Sysex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zentech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Converting X5 Sysex To M1 Sysex Reply with quote

I own a X5 synth and have created a few sound banks for it over the years. While I never had the joy of owning a M1 in hardware form, I do own the KLC version. To my understanding the X5 uses the same ai2 Synth System as the M1. I was wondering if it is possible to convert the sysex program dump from my X5 to a M1 sysex so I can then import the converted sysex into my KLC M1.

I have tried importing the X5 sysex directly into the KLC M1. Though the KLC M1 will not even list the X5 Sysex in the import menu. Is there a way to convert the sysex files by either editing them directly or a promgram that can convert them for me? I ask this as a last bit of hope before I sit down for a few days and manualy add the sounds in one pramater at a time.

Thank you.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it's impossible. The X5 uses a more advanced sound engine and different sample data, and is not at all compatible with the M1 series, which used the original AI synthesis method (as did the next generation T-Series).

The third generation 01/W series used the enhanced AI2 engine, and the X series is a generation on again from that.

So, the M1 legacy will not at all recreate X5 patches, and is in no way sysex compatible. Give up - really... Smile
Zentech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Hall wrote:
Sorry, it's impossible. The X5 uses a more advanced sound engine and different sample data, and is not at all compatible with the M1 series, which used the original AI synthesis method (as did the next generation T-Series).

The third generation 01/W series used the enhanced AI2 engine, and the X series is a generation on again from that.

So, the M1 legacy will not at all recreate X5 patches, and is in no way sysex compatible. Give up - really... Smile

Thank you for your reply. Well there goes that idea. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: