Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to edit a sound in a certain way. HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: How to edit a sound in a certain way. HELP Reply with quote

OK. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

I want to make a tuba sound to sound more like a "bass" sound, I mean, to sound more "bassy" (if there is such a word). How can I modify that sound in the triton extreme. I have noticed that the sound is not that bassy and can only be given "bass" on the mixer. I want to be able to make the patch sound more like a real tuba. Where should I go to edit that sound.

I want some tuba to sound like the tuba in the beginning of the song (they use a Yamaha PSR keyboard):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-0SeOXctg

I want to be able to mimick that sound with the tuba from the triton extreme.

Thanks a lot guys.

Here in Mexico is very hard to find people that know about this things. We are touring around Mexico and we really need that tuba sound. Thanks.

Don't pay attention to the music Razz [/i]
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you need, you play tuba like someone else plays bass, and tuba in extreme doesn't have enough power.
You need to assign in to EQ insert effect and add some more power to lower frequencies (add EQ effect to those that are already in the sound and connect them in effect routing).
Also Master effect in Extreme has three band EQ that comes as last instance in sound routing, so make low level to +10 or even more. Play with it a little bit, until you get desired sound.
Or, in your combi (if you play that tuba in combi, with something else) you can route tuba to output 3 or 4 (also in effect section, routing), connect that output to separate input in mixer and add more power to lower frequencies on mixer ( I do that when have to play bass with other sounds, have bass in some combis which is assigned to output 3, and when I need it, just connect cable and send it to mixer, without changing effect in combi).
And you can add some power with Valve force, but be careful with that, if you add it to much, your sound will get distorted and not all mixers behave the same when Valve force is on, I had some issues with Alto mixers and Valve force.
There, those are easy things that you can do and get power in lower frequencies.

Regards,
Shrike
Ryumexicano

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent answer Shrike. Thanks a buch for that great information. I manage to get the sound we needed. Smile Valve force didn't do the job, but I manage to use the EQ and edit the sound as I wanted Smile THanks a lot man. I really appreciate your time and knowledge.

RYu

Greetings from MExico.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: