Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to create intro & Variations ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandy39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: How to create intro & Variations ?? Reply with quote

Hello Friends,
I have Fantom X7 & almost one month back I have purchased PA800 and had been trying to understand the PA800 through manuals & topics on the forum.

I have sample .wav [tabla loop] file that I have created on Fantom X7 now I want to insert the same in Variations. I followed the path layed down by Fahim Bhai [under Afghani Samples http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25985 ] and I got it on Variation 1... Thank You so much Very Happy

Now how do I get the same file on Variation 2, 3 & 4 and Intro 1 & 2.

Please explain... Thanks

SP
Booby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

there is a copy function to copy entire or partial parts of a style element in another one.

Check this out in the manual, it's very easy.

Hope this help.

Regards.
sandy39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply booby..

I am in office and I will try to copy the same in the evening in case if I have any problem I shall post here...

Is it through page menu command ... copy sounds ???

Thanks & Regards

SP
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandy39 wrote:
Thanks for your reply booby..

I am in office and I will try to copy the same in the evening in case if I have any problem I shall post here...

Is it through page menu command ... copy sounds ???

Thanks & Regards

SP

Hello Sandy:

It is very easy. I am at work but when I get home tonight than I will send you a step by step info. I have done this process a lot lately. I could tell you how to do it now but just do not want to make any mistakes. I guess it must be the age and brain because for some reason I always have to be by my keyboard in order to explain things in detail. What can I say that is life............... Crying or Very sad I will be in touch. Take care.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy
sandy39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Fahim Bhai Very Happy

Please provide me the information... it will be of great help to me... u know step by step informations work wonders with the newcomers like me...

If I am not demanding more Fahim Bhai... do you have step by step information on the following:

Suppose 1.wav file is already on Variation 1, how to put 2.wav on variation 2, 3.wav on variation 3, 4.wav on variation4, 5.wav on Intro 1 and so on so that the entire song can be setup...

Thankyou so much Very Happy i hope I am not troubling you..

Awaiting your reply..

Regards

SP
sandy39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Booby & Fahim Bhai,

I have tried the following steps ... i do not know whether it is correct or not... please guide me...

Style Play > Record > Record Edit/Current Style >OK >Menu > Style Edit > Copy from Style...

From Style > Select ur style

From E/CV > Var 1 : to E/CV > Var 2
From Track > Drum : to Track > Drum

Execute > Write Style > Exit From Record

Now from the above method I could copy my tabla loop from Var1 / percussion to Var2 / percussion or Var3/perc or var4/perc... fine...

now when I try to copy tabla loop on percussion of Variation 1 to intro1 ... it doesn't select....

i.e.
From E/CV > Var 1 : to E/CV > Question Question IT DOES NOT SELECT INTRO 1 Question Question WHY Question

What to do??? Please guide me Booby & Fahim Bhai.... Is my process correct??? I am sure there is a lot more... please send me ur step by step files Fahim Bhai it will be of great help to me... Very Happy

Thanks & Regards

Awaiting...

SP
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandy39 wrote:

I have tried the following steps ... i do not know whether it is correct or not... please guide me...

Style Play > Record > Record Edit/Current Style >OK >Menu > Style Edit > Copy from Style...

Now from the above method I could copy my tabla loop from Var1 / percussion to Var2 / percussion or Var3/perc or var4/perc... fine...

now when I try to copy tabla loop on percussion of Variation 1 to intro1 ... it doesn't select....

i.e.
From E/CV > Var 1 : to E/CV > Question Question IT DOES NOT SELECT INTRO 1 Question Question WHY Question

What to do??? Please guide me Booby & Fahim Bhai.... Is my process correct??? I am sure there is a lot more... please send me ur step by step files Fahim Bhai it will be of great help to me... Very Happy

Thanks & Regards

Awaiting...

SP

Hello Bahi SP:

All the steps are correct. What you have done is exactly what I would of tell you. The only thing that I have never done is the breaks and intros. I usually copy mine from other styles that I have if it is very close in sound and beat.

Just out of curiosity have you tried:

Var1 to Intro1
Drum to Drum

than

Var1 to Intro1
Perc to Perc
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remember something that I red while back in the manual, that we only can copy intros to intros and fills to fills and so on.... but I could very wrong. I am going to check it and make sure.

Fahim, Embarassed
hiteshs1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Coppying from Variation to Intro Reply with quote

sandy39 wrote:

i.e.

Thanks & Regards

Awaiting...

SP

Hi Sandy,
For copy a style track (drum,perc,bass,acc-1-5) may be one or all of them from variation to Intro you have to use following procedure:

From ..... Style may be current in your case ...... Variation any from 1-4..... CV-1 Like for e.g. Var-1-CV-1 to Intro-1 -CV-1.

Once you select Variation with CV the option opens for Copy to Intro.

I hope this will solve your requirement.

Hitesh.
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Coppying from Variation to Intro Reply with quote

hiteshs1 wrote:
sandy39 wrote:

i.e.

Thanks & Regards

Awaiting...

SP

Hi Sandy,
For copy a style track (drum,perc,bass,acc-1-5) may be one or all of them from variation to Intro you have to use following procedure:

From ..... Style may be current in your case ...... Variation any from 1-4..... CV-1 Like for e.g. Var-1-CV-1 to Intro-1 -CV-1.

Hitesh.

Hello dear Hitesh:

I think you just have solved Sandy's issues and also mine too. I have done Var to Var but never Var to Intro or fill before. Now I think I know how to do it.

Hello Sandy hope this is what you were looking for.

Note: Hitesh Bahi, were have you been. It has been a while since your last post here. I am very happy to hear from you and to see back in action.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy Very Happy
sandy39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is what I was looking for !! Thanks Hitesh...

It really solved the thing Very Happy Very Happy ... i'll try in the evening, i am in office right now... and thankyou for your kindness and courtesy Hitesh when I met you at Mumbai for PA800 purchase. You are a very nice and cooperative person.

Please keep in touch as Fahim Bhai says...

Hitesh and Fahim bhai, please checkout this one and see if you can help me out on this one too: Smile

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28035

I will be asking many more questions... please keep in touch Very Happy

Thanks & Regards..

SP
hiteshs1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Coppying from Variation to Intro Reply with quote

sehasafade12 wrote:
hiteshs1 wrote:
sandy39 wrote:

i.e.

Thanks & Regards

Awaiting...

SP

Hi Sandy,

Hitesh.

Hello dear Hitesh:

I think you just have solved Sandy's issues and also mine too. I have done Var to Var but never Var to Intro or fill before. Now I think I know how to do it.

Hello Sandy hope this is what you were looking for.

Note: Hitesh Bahi, were have you been. It has been a while since your last post here. I am very happy to hear from you and to see back in action.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Fahim,
I have not disappear anywhere. I check the forum regularly and put my inputs as and when required. Sometimes its a few days break as travelling for Demo Shows across India is main part of my job with Audio Plus.

Hitesh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: