Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg ES1 / ES1mk2 - MIDI thru question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_n

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Korg ES1 / ES1mk2 - MIDI thru question Reply with quote

Hi all,

Couldn't find an answer to this elsewhere so was wondering if you could help me...

I make music using a drum machine and two MIDI-sync'ed Gameboys. I'm considering replacing the drum machine with either an ES1 or an ES1mk2. The Gameboys sync to MIDI clock signals and start/stop messages.

I need to know what comes out of the ES1's MIDI THRU port when the ES1 is set as the master device and there's nothing plugged into the MIDI in. Does it function like another MIDI out? Can I plug one Gameboy into the MIDI out and one into the MIDI thru so that they both so that they both receive the clock signal and the start/stop signals? Or am I going to have to use a separate MIDI thru unit?

My ideal setup would be just the three pieces of gear: MIDI OUT to Gameboy 1, and MIDI THRU to Gameboy 2. Is this going to work?

Thanks for any information you can give!
Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: