Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahuramusic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Radias Problem Reply with quote

I just bought a new Laptop and I was all excited because I thought I was going to be able to use my Radias but to my supprise, there is no firewire port on my laptop! I usually hook up my Radias to my computer with a USB and Firewire, and also hook the Radias into a Firebox which outputs the left and right audio into two moniters and from there Edit sounds in the sound editor while I listen to the results in FL Studio. Anyways, is there anyway to hook up my Radias to my Laptop and still hear the sounds from the Radias. I see there is a firewire-like port but it's one of those really small ports for digital cameras, the ports I use are about the size of a USB port.
botega

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellow

Quote:
I just bought a new Laptop and I was all excited because I thought I was going to be able to use my Radias but to my supprise, there is no firewire port on my laptop!

R? with firewire??? Dang, that has to be cool Smile

you don't need firewire on your laptop for the Radias, it doesn't have any firewire port (the Radias). so what you need to do is:

connect the Radias to your computer through USB (and install the Korg usb driver of course)

connect the main audio outputs (L+R) of the R to your Firebox audio inputs(L+R)

connect the Firebox audio outputs to your monitors audio input

i'm not sure i understood your post correctly and what exactly youre asking for, so if it's not the answer to your question, please try to be more clear.
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahuramuisc,

You'll need a USB audio interface to replace the Firebox if your laptop has no Firewire port.

I'm amazed you didn't make sure the laptop had a FW port before you bought it.
botega

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you need the firewire to connect your soundcard...?!?

Dang, my english suk Smile
ahuramusic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i figured it would come to this, maybe guitar center will let me return the firebox for a different interface. thanks for the info
dulcimoo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: PCMCIA Reply with quote

You could consider getting a PCMCIA "PC Card" firewire adapter for your laptop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: