Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG D888 CRASHES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
royston65

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: KORG D888 CRASHES Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I have a korg D888.

I use it for recording gigs and rehearsals, I'm a guitarist.

I've recorded a whole duo gig which was 2 one hour sets, no problem, I guess it was 4 channels recording...

No problem

Another time using 5 channels, I had something like 5 crashes and disk too slow type things happening, very annoying when I have to wait for it to become non busy and hit record all over again and play the gig at the same time...

Is this normal for this machine?

After recording 40 minutes of a band rehearsal using 6 channels it crashed and took about 25 minuted to stop being busy in order to switch the thing off...

Great machine but I dunno....this isn't a good feature.....for want of a better word...

any experiences or advice please?

i like the machine it's useful but this is a royal pain....
franky silva
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: KORG D888 CRASHES Reply with quote

Hi royston65

Welcome to KF Very Happy

I think these units have some problems. More info
http://www.studiotrax.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160
royston65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Franky

Yep...drag,

it seems some people like to reformat and some feel it makes no difference, then there's the "high volumes @ low frequencies, causing crashes" idea...which sounds mad but possible......

shame that £500 doesn't get you a basic solid 8 track digital recorder......

I do hate things that simply don't do what they're meant to....I feel like taking it back but at the same time I need the damn thing.....

Rolling Eyes

thanks again

roy
jerky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you record something and want to have a break: Create a new song for the next recording. If you continue recording to the end of the same song, you will have to wait for a long time when you hit stop next time. This is because D888 saves the audiotracks as single wav-files (which you can open in your pc without exporting). It has to save the files from the beginning to end after the continued recording.

If you record one song and want to record it again: If the new recording is shorter than the previous D888 will save for a long time. If the new recording is longer - no waiting.

If you record very long takes, you will have to format your disk often. The long wav-files are likely to cause disk-errors before the disk is half full.

I have learned my way of using D888 and now I think it is a very good unit for my use.
royston65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much indeed for that, my good man.

I'll make a note of those tips....which feel like they make sense to me already.....

I may reformat now as well...and then try the approach you detail........

I guess if I want to record whole gigs in 2 sets of one hour it may be good to reformat before each time.....

thanks again, very much appreciated.....

R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: