Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I saving my songs on PC or not.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stvlzp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Am I saving my songs on PC or not..... Reply with quote

I've used the Korg PG p. 326 to install USB-Midi Driver, so I thought. I'm not sure if my songs, files, etc are what are showing on my PC (WINDOWS XP).

When accessing USB Storage Mode on Triton Ex. and connecting cable to PC as per page 193 they/media card contents are showing on my PC in folder view to the left as being in:

NEW VOLUME (F):

The manual says it SHOULD read:

TRITON DATA (F):

That said, what shows up in large window on PC is:

NEWFILE
NEWFILE.KSC 1KB
NEWFILE.PCG 2,298KB
NEWFILE.SNG 1,183KB

It seems all media card info (including my precious songs!) is there for me ready to drag and save onto PC. But I wanted to be extra sure before wiping media card out to use again. (My Extreme memory is full!)

I hope I've explained my quandry clear enough. Thanks!!

Steve

www.steveprobst.net
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NEWFILE.SNG 1,183KB

Those are your songs - copy that and all other "NEWFILE" files to PC and you can erase your media card and later copy those files to bigger card (I suppose that's what you want to do).

It's named "NEWFILE" because you choose "Save all" option in Media section and didn't write any other name, "NEWFILE" is default one.

Quote:
TRITON DATA (F):
- yes, that's what's in manual, but it's just example for the name of your media, you can name it what ever you want. Again, you didn't name it anyhow so it's "NEW VOLUME" by default.

Copy from media, paste to PC, insert another media, copy from PC, paste to media. Boy, it's complicated.
stvlzp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I tend to try to follow manual to the letter! And thanks for the further tip on naming files on Extreme before saving. Still trying to learn that part of things.

I notice saved files on PC cannot be "opened" on PC. I supposed that's normal, yes?

By the way, the first songs I used the Extreme on are on my website, "Window Seat" and "Yes, Love". Give a listen if you'd like. For your help, heck, I'll send you some free MP3's if you'd like!

Steve

www.steveprobst.net
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I notice saved files on PC cannot be "opened" on PC. I supposed that's normal, yes?

Yes, it's normal, PC can copy/paste those files, but can not read them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: