Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to keyboards with no speakers! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Newbie to keyboards with no speakers! :) Reply with quote

Hi - I have recently "inherited" a Korg-LE - a fine beast and so much better than my previous.

However, I have never used a keyboard that has no external speakers - and while it sounds great, as it should, with headphones, I am looking for a very inexpensive way of pushing the sound through stereo speakers in my home "studio" (really just a spare room in the house!).

I have tried connecting some old computer speakers via the headphone socket - but with a tinny sound, crackling and other distortions.

I do have an reasonable hi-fi set-up but my gut feel is that it's not as simple as connecting it to the back of an AV amp, along with a DVD player, tape-deck etc?
Using a computer is not an option - as I only use a work laptop!

I don't have a massive budget - pittance actually.
So any help at all would be grateful.

Cheers. Smile
higskies

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run it through your Hi-Fi, if you please. You just need a cable that connects 1/4" jacks to whatever your inputs use (probably RCA), select that input and you should get sound. I used to do this when I got my first synth (many moons ago), and it worked out quite well for a practice environment.
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: