Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I restore all performances, effect settings, styles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telmo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: How can I restore all performances, effect settings, styles? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I loaded a complete Set into the my Pa-800, but I didn't like it. Is there a way to initialize the Pa-800 to its original sound set, effect settings, perfomances, styles and all that? I've already tried to load the Musical resources but it didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore. Any help, please?
Q.E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I restore all performances, effect settings, sty Reply with quote

Introduction
Korg regularly releases new updates of the Pa800’s Operating System and Musical Resources. The most up-to-date versions can be downloaded from our web site (www.korgpa.com). Also, a copy of the original data is contained in the Accessory CD that comes with your instrument.
Two different types of system files: the .PKG and .BKP
Updates can be supplied by Korg in either of two file formats:
• “.PKG” files contain the Operating System, or partial Musi­cal Resource data. These files can only be made by Korg. To load them, use the “Loading a .PKG file” procedure described below.
• “.BKP” files are backups of the Musical Resources as a whole. These can be created by Korg or the user, by way of the Media > Utility > Full Resource Backup command. To load them, use the Media > Utility > Full Resource Restore command, described in the User’s Manual.

The supplied .PKG files
The Accessory CD that comes with your Pa800 contains the fol­lowing “.PKG” files:
Pa800_os_v[nnn].pkg. This is the Operating System. Loading this file will not modify your User data. Just load it, by following the procedure described below.
Pa800_os_res_v[nnn].pkg. This combines the Operating System and all the Musical Resources. Load this file to fully reset your Pa800 to its original situation, for example in case of malfunc­tioning. Loading this file will modify your User data, so back-up your older data before upgrading. See “Backing-up your older data” below.
Note: Loading the “Pa800_os_res_v[nnn].pkg” files may take up to 10 minutes.
The supplied .BKP file
The Accessory CD that comes with your Pa800 contains the fol­lowing “.BKP” file:
Pa800_res_v[nnn].bkp. These are all the Musical Resources, including all Sounds, Performances, Styles, Pads, STSs, Song-Book, Voice Processor and Global data.
This is equivalent to the file you can create with the Media > Utility > Full Resource Backup command. To load it, use the Media > Utility > Full Resource Restore command, described in the User’s Manual.
Loading this file will modify your User data, so back-up your older data before upgrading. See “Backing-up your older data” below.
Backing-up your older data
Before loading new Musical Resources, you should backup your older data. Loading the new Musical Resources will completely erase both the Factory and User area.
Backing-up data is not needed when loading just the Operating System, since this operation doesn’t overwrite the Musical Resources.
There are three options to back-up your data. Options (a) and
(b) will allow you to recover individual data (single items or banks) later, while option (c) will only allow you to restore the saved data as a whole.

Loading a .PKG file

The following procedure allows you to load the Operating Sys­tem and/or the Musical Resources supplied as “.PKG” files. As an example, we will load the Operating System (file “Pa800_os_v[nnn].pkg”, where [nnn] is the latest version num­ber).
1. Copy the file “Pa800_os_v[nnn].pkg” to an USB storage device (like an USB pen or an external USB hard disk).
As an alternative, you can copy the file to the internal SSD­U memory or (optional) internal hard disk of the Pa800, by using the USB Device port to connect your Pa800 to a per­sonal computer.
2. Turn the Pa800 off, and connect the USB device to one of Pa800’s USB Host connectors – either the Front [USB-F] or Rear [USB-R] port.
3. Turn the Pa800 on, while keeping the INTRO 1 button pressed.

4. A file browser will appear in the display:

At this point, you can release the INTRO 1 button.
5. From the Device Selector, choose the device where you copied the Operating System. For example, if it was a USB pen drive connected to the front USB port, choose USB-F:

Note: If you are not able to easily select the file, please press the GLOBAL button to open the Touch Panel Calibration page, and re-calibrate the display.
6. Browse through the folders and files, until you find the “Pa800_os_v[nnn].pkg” file. When you find it, touch it and press the Select button in the display:

7. The file begins to be copied in the Operating System area inside the instrument. A progress bar will show the copy advancement:

Warning: Do not power the instrument off, or remove the USB device, while this procedure is running!
Note: Loading the “Pa800_os_res_v[nnn].pkg” files may take up to 10 minutes.
8. At the end of the procedure, press the OK button in the dis­play to restart the instrument:
Q.E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How can I restore all performances, effect settings, sty Reply with quote

Telmo wrote:
Hi guys, I loaded a complete Set into the my Pa-800, but I didn't like it. Is there a way to initialize the Pa-800 to its original sound set, effect settings, perfomances, styles and all that? I've already tried to load the Musical resources but it didn't work. I don't know what to do anymore. Any help, please?

well, that is the correct way, to initialize your pa800, by loading the MUSICAL RESOURCES....

maybe you are missing a step ??

follow this KORG page !!!

http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_soft.html?en

it should do it for sure..

good luck !!
Telmo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Q.E. Hopefully I got it right now with the Musical resources. It's all back to normal now. Cheers.
Paula

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: ACCESSORY C.D Reply with quote

I did not receive the accessory c.d when I bought my pa800,the store lost it. how can I get It?,the store said they ordered it/// that was three months ago. thanks, Paula
Q.E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ACCESSORY C.D Reply with quote

Paula wrote:
I did not receive the accessory c.d when I bought my pa800,the store lost it. how can I get It?,the store said they ordered it/// that was three months ago. thanks, Paula

click on this link i provided earlier...

http://korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_soft.html?en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: