Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using damper for various MIDI channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6fingers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Using damper for various MIDI channels Reply with quote

I have a question, i've searched here and in the manual and haven't found a definitive answer:

i have 2 keyboards, a TE and a MIDI controller, which I use to send on channel 2. The idea is to have a sound on the Extreme and another sound when i play on the controller (the second sound is also in the Extreme, of course).
I use combis for that, of course.
The question is: is it possible to use any controller on the extreme (damper, joystick, ribbon) for the SECOND sound ? (the one transmitted on any midi channel other than 1)

I have tried using the midi filter option, but that only covers using the controller's joystick etc. I want to use the same controllers for both sounds, and only can control the first.

Thank you.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with two keyboards just the way you do and noticed the same thing and answer is no, you can not control other board (that plays sounds on channel two) with anything than it's own joystick. I also tried assigning damper pedal, knobs, everything in MIDI filter is checked and still not working.
You just have to assign sounds that you want to alter and control via damper/knobs/switches/ribbon to Extreme, and sounds that you don't need to control to another keyboard.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope I'm wrong and would appreciate if someone would correct me if there is some option that I missed.
6fingers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn Sad
thanks !
Thing is, the extreme is a 88 heavy keyed one, and i want to use the other one for leads and the extreme for pianos.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you are OK, you don't need damper for leads, do you, and you need it for piano.
I assign every sound that I want to control to Extreme (channel one) and all the background sounds and sounds that I don't play much in the song to channel two, meaning to the other board.

But you can control few things if you assign knobs/slider/switches to alter some parameters in effects and then send channel two sounds to those effects, try playing with that. I control their level that way (have all channel two sounds send to stereo compressor, alter the output level with the slider).
You can't create damper, but some other useful stuff...
6fingers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use the damper a lot while playing fast leads set to mono and legato - this way it's smoother, and i also use the joystick and ribbon extensively.
but that's a good idea with the stereo compressor.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, what kind of music do you play?
6fingers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock/heavy metal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: