Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

extreme or V-synth? for prog rock/metal live band
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcmorley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of live performance, the M3 would kick ass over the Extreme especially with the Kaoss Pad facility built in. I know the v-synth had something similar, but again I have not tried that.

I am sure that it is perfectly capable of gigging. All Korg stuff is build solidly, so I would not worry about that. As long as you put it in a flight case when it is in transit, don't see a problem there.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
keego

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of getting a used Kurzweil K2500 or K2600 possibilities for sounds are endless. (If you can be arsed programming it that is).
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you already made some sounds on your M3 that you are satisfied with. So why don't you, instead of buying another keyboard, buy M3-M and some cheap but solid MIDI controller keyboard? They are pretty simple so there is really nothing you can damage. Make your sounds on M3, take M3-M and the controller for a gig and you can have exactly the same sounds at home and at gigs. And you can put M3-M in various cases so possibility to damage it would be very small.
davc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the M3 come off the keyboard like my Radias does ... if so you could use it with a different controller , or midi'd to another keyboard ...
but i can understand the desire to leave things just as they are in the studio .... and have specific to take out to gigs ....

( i'd looked into M3-76 because Radias and M3 fit together, but i've decided to keep my Extreme and ad other compimentary sounding boards instead )

i've tried the V-synth in it's various forms .... but have not been impressed enough to buy one .... i do like the D50 and Vocal cards ...
it has interesting features ... but not for what i'm doing now ..
and it doesn't seem very well suited for prog/metal band ..??
but ... it if had a different , more usefull sound set ..??????

some sort of Triton variant would seem to work better .... but ..,
it's kind of redudndant to what you already have in the studio ....
so , as others have mentioned , a different manufacture's keyboard might do the job you want for in the Live situations .... and would give a different textured sound, to compliment what you have, in the studio ...??!!!?? Roland ..?? Virus Ti ..??? Yamaha ..??
something that can do 2 jobs for you, seems like money better spent ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: