Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero 4 and NI Traktor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Pepperseed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Zero 4 and NI Traktor Reply with quote

I am planning to buy a new mixer. I am looking for a Traktor Scratch Certified mixer, so I can use it with my laptop and Traktor. The options I have are a Korg Zero 4 or a Mackie d.4 Pro.

The Mackie has still not been released, but the Zero 4 has. The Zero 4 has Midi plus onboard FX as an advantage on the Mackie. I have been reading various forums about user experiences and read about various problems with the Zero 4 and Traktor.

I need the new mixer to record my radioshow, so 2 channels should be available to play deck A and B in Traktor, the other 2 channels I need for my mic and my sampler with jingles and sound fx. I am using a MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.33Ghz. I was wondering if the Zero 4 can do the job without any problems or not? Is there anyone out there with a similar set up, who can tell me about his/her experiences?

Thanks,
Danny
da H-Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Traktor and Zero4 Reply with quote

Hey mate,
I've got Traktor Scratch (now upgraded to Traktor 3.3) and a Zero4. Until shortly, I've used the Audio8 soundcard that came with my full version of Traktor Scratch, and just used the Zero4 as a standard mixer (nonetheless a very good one!), because apparently you lose two channels for the vinyl timecode records (or CDs).
After getting 3.3, I tried to run the whole setup without the Audio8, and it worked perfectly. And you're not even using the timecode vinyls, correct? So that should all be fine. One thing I noticed is that although the Zero4 does allow lot of controllers to act as a MIDI controller for the audio software (such as Traktor), I found that I still need more MIDI "providers" than the Zero4 can offer.

regards,
hman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: