Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling Oasys with an Access TI desktop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iksrazal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Controlling Oasys with an Access TI desktop Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm planning my next purchases and I've decided on the Oasys 88 and an Access TI. Since I'm limited on space and its US $1000 cheaper, I'm thinking of going with the Access TI desktop - instead of the 37 and 61 note versions - and via its remote mode, play the TI thru the Oasys - does that make sense?

Incidently, I'd like to have the Access TI desktop mounted above the Oasys on a tier - can anyone recommend a stand for that?
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not exactly a desk / workstation with an Tier but i used to have my Virus desktop on one of these & the flat feet slide right under the Oasys.

http://www.pssl.com/pwr/product-reviews/Video/Odyssey/p/57497-Odyssey-LSTAND-Laptop-DJ-Gear-Stand.html
iksrazal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I like the idea - thanks. In that link, however, was a reference to the uberstand which seems to be sturdier:

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/uberstand.php

When you say "the flat feet slide right under the Oasys" - did you physically mount it via screws, clamps, velcro or something else?

I was thinking about this T stand, but I suppose with the uberstand I'd need a table:

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=27&sName=WS-550

Logistics!

Back to my other question, I'm assuming that controlling the Oasys via the TI desktop would be fine, but thought I'd ask if there was some technical detail I'm overlooking before spending the cash.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oasys has a setting that allows you to turn its sliders and knobs etc into a contol surface to manipulate external gear,
you can set the sliders/Knobs in the Oasys to the respective control change numbers that correspond to the TI knobs,you can tailor your own control surface on the Oasys,Thats what I've done,infact I have several setups on the Knobs and sliders which can control various Synths in my setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: