Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencing on 01/w
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do encourage me!!

You know, I spent all my money from early ret. on a baby grand..$9000 four years ago, (as several on this forum remembr, as I moaned about the money...and that was one made in China!!!..Am./Eu. start at $12000 + and go up to 4 times that!!! The China special turned out very good however..It has the higher class action..It's a Ritmuller......) and I do all I can on it, but it's tied up by the Main T.V. at times..(get the idea?) so I have to go to the O1W anyway...

I will let you alone for a while...I do see items on the digest that are good reading, so the old forum has served well for what,.maybe..7--8--9 years or maybe a lot more??..Don't even remember when I got in..but I have had my O1W since mid 1994...Paid $1800...with 7 discs, the nice Korg bl and chrome pedal, X stand, and a hard case...so I did alright, considering it entered the mkt at over $2900 a few years before...and that was brand new..from old B & H music ...

It was the first Synth I ever played...at a church where I played about 2 years...I was so totally struck at how I could use the O1W with the organ (A Rogers...) and with the choir as well...!!!! I just HAD to have one. After that we sold several to small churches with the organ disc...as it was better than a lot of much more expensive organs, for them...!!

Enough!! I will shut up for awhile..!!

Thanks for all the help!

John (ellll) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K...I have this sorted out better....

I have hangin' around in my comp., the files off the IA downloads section..organ...choir..and couple of others right now..in SYSEX...

My midi is fine..plays on the comp...plays back...Used it for the new Anvil Studio prog I downloaded...

I cannot find a way to SEND the syex files to the O1W..I should NOT need to use any program for convers..I have been told...and.. if I run a format for O1W on the comp..it won,t use it..if I run a disc with the down load from the comp in IBM..the keyboard wont use it...

So..WHAT will send the program via midi to the O1W voice bank(s)...I read somewhere cakewalk..but surely there is a way to "contact" the O1W for this...since I am playing back and forth through midi...???

Anyone know???ellll Rolling Eyes Confused
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a program, Anvil Studio goin' well now, and it has proved possible to do my piano direct from the old O1Wfd, if I have it reasonably accurate, and use a note value suff. for the notation...then I go back and correct the values on the page..

However, I cant print..unless I buy their print program..and there other programs are pretty essential as well..so it may be a free and effective program/writer..but you still have to pay...

So I also will say here as well as the pomoting/OSAM threads...I am going with >>>a new sound card<<<, and the O1W for a while...I played Synths all day yesterday at Leitz, a big dealership with major keyboards...and I didn't like ANY, even the Radias for intu. vocal etc...although one could become addicted to it I think!! I just don't like the Triton, and the Roland and Yamaha and a few others were not familiar enough to me...I did prefer the TR, however, if I were to get something...

See Ya...John (ellll)
HPH24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ellll"]O.K...I have this sorted out better....

>>>> I cannot find a way to SEND the syex files to the O1W..I should NOT need to use any program for convers..I have been told...and.. if I run a format for O1W on the comp..it won,t use it..if I run a disc with the down load from the comp in IBM..the keyboard wont use it...
So..WHAT will send the program via midi to the O1W voice bank(s)...I read somewhere cakewalk..but surely there is a way to "contact" the O1W for this...since I am playing back and forth through midi...???

Frankly, I'm about as baffled as you are there. There is a freeware program called Diskimag for PC that will convert things such that a disk loaded with patch sets in the PC will load directly into the 01Wfd, but nothing for Macs except a pro librarian such as GalaxyQuest or SoundDiver. I believe Diskimag can still be had from the Yahoo group's Files section. The 01W came along back when software sequencers were still rather rudimentary, so although the two librarians I mentioned have 01W templates, it seems fuzzy in a newer thing like Cubase or Sonar. I'm tired of wrestling with it, so I'm making AIFF files of my favorite patches to drop into Cakewalk's Dimension Pro eventually. Its a compromise, but also a reasonable way to retain part of the 01W's digital goodness without all the hair pulling. I can live with the floppies until the synth pops and becomes a source for desperate 01W owners looking for parts.

BTW, I sold a few D-50s to churches whose organs gave up the ghost. When you compare $2k-3k for a pro synth vs. $100k and UP for an organ, wellll.....Razz
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again HPH!!,

I have DISKIMAG sittin' right on my deskrop, and I am up to date...The message I get on trying to open is " can not load word for Windows 6.0 files".

????????? I also tried to "hot wire" (by changing internal details..only messes up the program, so thats out..) the different music and file handling programs I have with no success...SO

I am going to just hunt for floppy's from people: ...I Have...Gen. Midi, O1W Killer Organ Disk, Rock Chronicles, House/Funk, Pop Performance, Sound Alternatives, and the XSD-00P or Standard Load w/seq demos.

If you know of others, perhaps you will list them, and should you get some time and make me some of items I haven't, I will pay disk/postage/and the work service charge as well, for making me one..

Will buy any anyone wishes to sell..

Be In Touch!!! John (ellll)
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. am wanting O1W's as well..have someone local right now tryin to buy mine...

John
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case any wonder about this, and what I intend to do,...I am likely going with a card from M-Audio..next week..(Jan 28---)

My Brother, who is a true ebay nut, is gonna watch for and bid within the normal limits for each, on the mkt,...another O1wfd, and a TR 61...which I decided I like pretty well..(but not as much as the O1W...)

I think in spite of my dislike of Sibelius..(I used it last year teaching...) I will buy the 5 this year...

Thats it...John (ellll) Rolling Eyes Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: