Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKontrol - Native and scene functions. Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: microKontrol - Native and scene functions. Help. Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using my microKontrol with Logic, and think it's great that it works in native mode. However, there are some functions, such as tapping in a tempo, that I'd like to use aswell, how can I use these built in functions while in native mode?

Many thanks
haj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely have to kill the native mode. You can kill it by deleting microKontrol in control surface setup, getting back by re-scanning. There may a hardware key command to kill native mode on microKontrol itself but if my memory serves doing it can occasionally makes Logic unstable.
pmist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Yeah this is something I found before, A frustrating way to do it. I really want to be able to pick and choose my functions to keep while in native mode.
johnpitcairn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might take a look at (full) Mackie Control emulation via LC Xmu. While somewhat different to the native Logic support (so you need to re-learn some stuff), this will allow you to choose which MK controls emulate MC controls, which pass through to Logic, and lets you exit/re-enter native mode on the fly, change the keyboard channel while in native mode, etc. See my signature.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are user modes in the native handling in Logic. Simply use scne+pad to enter one of the user modes, then MIDI learn a pad to whatever key commands you want, including the tap tempo function.

This is the purpose of the user modes in Logic's native mK handling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: