Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MK vocoder and hellogoodbye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohtyler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: MK vocoder and hellogoodbye Reply with quote

Hello all,

new MK owner here, and I was just wondering if it is possible to get sounds like the chorus of hellogoodbye's "here in your arms" with the MK vocoder.
You can listen to their song at myspace.com/hellogoodbye.

Many thanks
CLock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what you're talking about, and it's a common misunderstanding that the effect is a vocoder. You mean like the real robotic vibrato type effect on the singers voice or something? You get that effect by using a program like Antares Auto-Tune. It's a program commonly used in studios to perfect people's voices. There is a hardware version as well for live performances. You can basically sing as bad as you want and it will correct your voice to the right pitch. Pretty sad really, that famous singers don't even have to be good at it anymore. I can hear it being used in a lot of vocals in pop songs and such nowadays. Not like the way that band uses it though, but how it was made to be used. But anyways, if you adjust the program right and crank it up basically, it will give you that sound, because it's basically being really picky on the pitches and it adjusts your vocals all over to get them to the exact pitch. Hope that helps some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: