Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get the TR to see 3rd party Triton patches via SD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HPH24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: How do I get the TR to see 3rd party Triton patches via SD? Reply with quote

I bought some Kid Nepro sounds for the Triton, as aside from the effects, the basic ENGINE is the same. However, the TR shows the names of the new PCG file sounds, but will not PLAY them. It always reverts to the preload set. All that I have read says they are compatible otherwise, but not so far here. Maddening!

I read several mentions of Bus settings, but the manual is terrible and makes ZERO mention of using Triton patches. Lots of talk and descriptions, no real 1-2-3- GUIDE for how to get many places.

Kid Nepro said this:

"If you have a problem hearing certain sounds, Simply adjust "Bus Select" from the value "1" , to either IFX or L/R and the sound is automatically restored. At which point no Master Effect is chosen, but the LE effects are all there to be implemented later."

Well where in the hell is the BUS SELECT??? I have yet to find a place that lets you step through that TOPMOST label on any page. On the 01W, you can go there and step through pages. Not so here and the tabs on the lower edge seem too limited for some things you would want to do. If its a matter of UNassigning an effects bus to free up the new sounds so I can effect them later, HOW? I've been at it for 2 days and I am fed up. Anyone else ever done this? HOW? I like the sound of the synth, but GEEZ, nothing on it has ever worked normally the first time. Help, he gurgled.

HPH
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I bought some Kid Nepro sounds for the Triton, as aside from the effects, the basic ENGINE is the same. However, the TR shows the names of the new PCG file sounds, but will not PLAY them. It always reverts to the preload set. All that I have read says they are compatible otherwise, but not so far here. Maddening

Are the sounds sitting in an INT-E bank ?
If so, you need to drill into the PCG and load the INT-E bank into your D bank on the LE/TR to get them loaded. Once completed, save the bank back to your media as a new file.

Quote:
Kid Nepro said this.............

Smile I have no idea at all why he is telling you this ?.

Regards.
Sharp.
HPH24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the real issue was that the next pop-up panel was 2 layers deeper and I had not found it. New Synth Fumbling, 101. I'm still trying to figure a few things out, as the manual is complete, but laid out like a Los Angeles road map with 47 misnamed streets. Aren't they all, as a rule?
Now that I have that basic first fumble dealt with, it makes more sense, but brother, if only the world would put more in that FIRST panel instead of just tacking on a 2nd and 3rd. Its no fun to be asked to think Boolean when you're just seeking the Zipless Synth experience, heh heh. Thanks for the pointer all the same; what you suggested IS true from a different angle, so I'll remember the bank assignment issue.

HPH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: