Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another OS 1.3 Sequencer bug.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daveg181

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Another OS 1.3 Sequencer bug. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Some Members have been stating in other threads about the strange behavour of the program Int-A Bank when trying to record into the sequencer. I have not found a thread which has reported or re-produced this bug and I would like other members try and see it it happens on their OASYS.

Firstly, I have the PRELOAD PCG file loaded and I don't know if this would reproduce if you have the PRODUCER PCG file loaded. Also check that the Int-A Bank is as it should be, i.e. Program I-A001 name is not missing, if it is, reinstall Bank I-A from the PRELOAD PCG file in the factory directory on the HD.

Secondly, as far as I am aware, this bug only happens when you first switch on the OASYS. If you have your 'O' switched on, check the Int-A bank is O.K. as above then switch it off.

Now try the steps below:

1. Turn on your OASYS.

2. If not already on Sequencer page, press SEQ MODE button. It should be a NEW SONG and all the bank/program tracks on the MIDI Prog/Mixer page will be set to INT-A000 (OASYS PIANO).

3. Press the Bank/Program button on MIDI track 1. The Bank/Program Select screen for the Int-A bank will be listed.

4. At this point you can audition any of the programs listed by highlighting a program and playing the keys. Press CANCEL (Do not press OK). You will return back to the Sequencer page and if you play the keys, it should play the Oasys Piano sound.

5. Press the Seq REC/WRITE button, you should now hear the metronome, the Seq REC/WRITE button lit red, the Seq START/STOP button flashing green and on the screen the play button on MIDI track 1 should now show REC in red.

6. Press the Seq START/STOP button.

What happens next is the countdown starts, the KARMA LATCH button lights, the control R.TIME KNOBs/KARMA assign button highlights and the control surface lights change. If you play the keyboard the sound has changed to the DREAMING SWEEPER sound. Confused

7. Play a few bars after the countdown then press the Seq START/STOP button to stop the sequencer. Press Seq START/STOP again to hear recording and it is the DREAMING SWEEPER sound.

The Bank/Program button still shows INT-A000 (OASYS PIANO) but playing the keyboard, the sound is still the DREAMING SWEEPER.

8. Press the Bank/Program button on MIDI track 1 and the Bank/Program listing now shows that the name of the I-A001 program is now missing and the I-A000 OASYS PIANO is highlighted. If you play the keyboard whilst the OASYS PIANO is highlighted, the sound is still the DREAMING SWEEPER sound and the sound will also stay the same if you highlight I-A001. If you press any of the other progams they will sound as they should be.

You now have to reload the Int-A program bank from the PRELOAD PCG file to get it back to normal. If you try and again record in the sequencer before switching of the'O' then this bug will not repeat it self, as I said earlier it only happens when the 'O' is first switched on.

This is quite a serious bug because all of your combi's or saved song files which have the OASYS PIANO program in them will now sound with the DREAMING SWEEP program instead.

As I said earlier, this may have already been reported and I'm sorry to waste anyones time if it has, but can other members try it to see if it happens on their 'O'.

Many thanks

Dave
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I followed your steps but this one works fine with my O.

There are still some mysteries reported within the SEQ after the update Rolling Eyes

Maybe some other members can reproduce this one.

Arend
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everythings fine with serial #716 (88key)
razzaq1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I followed Daveg181's instructions and got the following results....

Note: I did a preload from Factory folder before doing it.
Note: I think we should mention our OASYS number so we can see if faults are related to build number. Mine's 76 key #900

1. OK
2. OK
3. OK
4. OK
5. OK
6. Karma LATCH is NOT lit. OASYS PIANO sounds.
7. Replays OASYS PIANO sound BUT only on LEFT CHANNEL! (earphones)
8. I-A001 name is blank. Changing to ANY OTHER PATCH still plays OASYS PIANO only on the left channel!

9. Going out of sequencer mode to COMBI MODE the COMBI souund is right.

10. Going back into SEQ mode and repeating step 8, I-A001 name is blank. I-A000 and I-A001 play OASYS PIANO (on both channels) and all other patch previews behave normally.

11. Playing back the Sequence already recorded, it plays back now on BOTH channels.

12. Turning OASYS off and on again does NOT restore I-A001 name or sound.

13. Need to reload PRELOAD.pcg to restore I-A001 name and sound.

I hope this helps.

Abdul Razzaq
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: