Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program and Combi Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akyboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Program and Combi Change Reply with quote

My friend is thinking to get an Extreme 61, we have it already for 2 weeks on trial, and we like it so far.
Only thing we Hate about it is how Program and Combi change works.

So, Say we are playing Bank A program 000 and want to play something in bank B, as soon we press bank B, 000 from bank B will play.

Is it posible to lock(hold) and play selected sound and browse for next one?
So nothing will not be triggered until we acctualy select next sound?
This is nicely done on PA800 and probably Pa1 pro too.

I hope this is possible and appriciate your help in adnavce,
Thank you
akyboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also wondering as we now that Extreme is discontinued, is there still any support for it, are new OS fixes are comming maybe? Is it maybe possible to fix(make) what we need?

Thank you
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, Say we are playing Bank A program 000 and want to play something in bank B, as soon we press bank B, 000 from bank B will play.

There is no changing in that kind of behavior on Extreme, if you play sound A050 and go to bank C, Extreme will go to C050, not 000. And no way of changing that.

OS 1.0.5., currently actual in Extreme, is stable as can be, no need for upgrades I think, and highly doubt Korg will release new updates. M3 is out, so they concentrate on that.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the nearesrt you will get to that is to use the bank change tab on the screen - when you are in a program you will see a little triangle on the left of the program name - that will allow you to browse the banks and go straight to what you want - a little fiddly though, but as long as you don't highlight one you will keep playing your original sound...But as soon as you change, your hold note will stop.

One sort of way round this is to save the programs you are going to be playing in Bank N (or other) and save them in order... you can then use a switch pedal or the up/down buttons to the left of the screen to easily change to the program you want in one step.

Regards
Tom
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As tomleich said, thats the only way to do it and that is the propper way
to do it, you dont hit BANK but you choose the sound onscreen, it is faster
and you have time to look at the sounds and browse without changing the
existing sound that you are already playing.
sam metal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Program and Combi Change Reply with quote

akyboy wrote:
My friend is thinking to get an Extreme 61, we have it already for 2 weeks on trial, and we like it so far.
Only thing we Hate about it is how Program and Combi change works.

Is it posible to lock(hold) and play selected sound and browse for next one?
So nothing will not be triggered until we acctualy select next sound?
This is nicely done on PA800 and probably Pa1 pro too.

I hope this is possible and appriciate your help in adnavce,
Thank you

if you are talking about combining programs, that's what combinations are for. put the sound you want to "lock" in timbre 1, and then start browsing through timbre 2 for the next sound. make sure each timbre that you want to play is on the same midi channel, however (Gch is the best for this - "global channel"). make sure each timbre is on INT and you can get up to 8 sounds going at once.
akyboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomleitch wrote:
I think the nearesrt you will get to that is to use the bank change tab on the screen - when you are in a program you will see a little triangle on the left of the program name - that will allow you to browse the banks and go straight to what you want - a little fiddly though, but as long as you don't highlight one you will keep playing your original sound...But as soon as you change, your hold note will stop.

Hm, i just got answer from friend telling me that it doesn't work what you said, he is telling me that what ever he press on screen, program name or that triangle same is happening. He cant browse the banks while playing previously selected program.
I just cant believe that this is not possible on this synth Sad
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hm, i just got answer from friend telling me that it doesn't work what you said, he is telling me that what ever he press on screen, program name or that triangle same is happening. He cant browse the banks while playing previously selected program.

That friend is Extreme guru, obviously.

It is possible, why don't you try for yourself? You can browse programs and combis on screen while playing, while PRESSING KEYS on keybed, as long as you don't highlight anything program/combi won't change. You can use it to get to program/combi you want to change to, then keep that screen on and when you need to change, highlight it and it will change. By pressing OK you return to the main screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: