Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REcording seperate audio signal but using the microkorg.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: REcording seperate audio signal but using the microkorg..... Reply with quote

Hi guys i was wondering if there was a way to use a seperate sound source but through the microkorg, for example , taking a guitar and putting it into the "audio in" slot, and then using all of the microkorgs modules filters etc over the top of the signal

Kind Regards,
Will!
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I've never been able to do it.

a) I read the manual
b) I called Korg tech support

From what I remember about my failed experiement- you had to overwrite a patch first. I also remember any wrong key presses or knob twists - resets the patch and you have to start from scratch. Which was very tiring for both me and the tech.

And don't quote me, but I think you couldn't just 'save the whole set up' as a pacth and it'd still be a few tweaks to do it again. The same way there is a Vocoder- there should just be an auto patch for external signal processing ON THE presets DIAL.

Very frustrating. More so because I love the filter/cut off.
I ended up buying a KAOS pad and MoogerFooger instead.
Sonus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

haha yeah thats one of the things that i want to use, the cut off, how do i get in touch with korg support then, do you know wha the UK number is ?
Thanks
Will Smile
kpatz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Connect your audio source into the input jacks on the back of the MK.

2. Initialize a synth patch (Shift+3). Hit 3 again to complete initialization.

3. Go to OSC 1, and set the osc. type to Audio In (AUD on the display).

4. Play the audio source while striking a key on the MK. You should hear your audio. Tweak the gain control on the back of the MK as needed.

5. Now edit the patch like any other (filter, EG settings, etc.) Make sure to write the patch to a memory location so you can recall it later.

You'll have to strike or hold a key to get your audio to pass through the filter etc. But you can cheat by using MIDI to hold a note or use the arpeggiator with the latch function on to hold a note.

The ideal scenario here is to use an audio source that also outputs MIDI note-ons, such as another keyboard synth, or a guitar with a MIDI trigger. Then when you play, the MK will receive note-on/note-offs corresponding to your playing, and then the envelopes can respond to your playing, just like it does when you play the keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: