Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question for you guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: A question for you guys Reply with quote

Hello to all: Could someone please help me with this. I bought my second CD containing defferent Iranina sets supposedly made for Pa800. I am greatly disappointed with both of these CDs. Either I do something wrong or not all of the styles are pa800 compatible since ONLY some of them sound great. From what Fahim aziz told me, I only load the styles and the userDk.PCG. Is this right? or should I load the entire set which I know I'll lose my original factort set. I appreciate your input very much.
THX
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: A question for you guys Reply with quote

Arash wrote:
Hello to all: Could someone please help me with this. I bought my second CD containing defferent Iranina sets supposedly made for Pa800. I am greatly disappointed with both of these CDs. Either I do something wrong or not all of the styles are pa800 compatible since ONLY some of them sound great. From what Fahim aziz told me, I only load the styles and the userDk.PCG. Is this right? or should I load the entire set which I know I'll lose my original factort set. I appreciate your input very much.
THX

Salam Arash jan:

You can load the whole set but make sure to do a complete backup of your own SET otherwise you will lose some or most of what you have on your pa800. As I have mentioned that the sets that are coming with their own user drum kits will sound ok if we are loading them with their own user drum kit or loading the whole SET by itslef.
There are 2 situations when you load a SET:

1- A particular SET is made from the Pa800 factory drum kits. Now if you load this SET, folder by folder the SET should sound nice because its styles will be mapped with the Pa800 factory drum/perc kits that are already in your Pa800. That is if factory drum/perc kits are the original one that came with Pa800 system, CD or from the upgrades.

2_ A particular SET is made from User drum kits that are made by other musicians and not a part of Pa800. This SET will sound fine if you load the whole SET and NOT one by one. But if you just load the Styles one by one then the keyboard will look for the already mapped drum/perc kit in the user drum kit area. For example if the drum kit called " Persian kit 1" is mapped to this style and the space or position of this Drum kit or Perc is #50. The Pa800 will look for any drum kit that is in position #50. Now if you already have a Drum/Perc kit called " Armenian kit1" in position #50 of your user drum kit section, then the Pa 800 will select the Armenian Kit1. As we know that this is not the same drum kit that was mapped originally with this style and therefore the style will not sound OK.

I hope my explanation was cleared. This is what I have learned so far and experienced with since 11/06. I could be wrong and hope someone could proof me wrong. Best luck.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy Embarassed
Sina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arash, you have to load the PCM folder too. If not, drum kits sounds wrong. Must of styles use samples and if you don't load the samples then your styles sounds wrong. Make a copy of your files and then load the SET. If you want you can delete the GLOBAL folder befor you load the set, some sets are from Pa1x and global is not the same as Pa800.
Arash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fahim & Sina Aziz: Thank you guys for the informative replies. I'll try to load the entire (.set) to see what happens. I assume this will also include the PCM and the other files. Just to be sure I backed up the entire folder as follow: media>save>the all folder on SSD-S>new name>saved to my HD. is this a right procedure?
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Post Subject Reply with quote

Salaam Arash jan:

I am not infront of my keyboard, but wondering if you checked all of the boxes, for exampels user Dk's, favorites, users and so on..(all of them) when you did a complete back-up of your SET on your keyboard. One more thing if the new SET you are loading does not have a userDK.PCG folder and its Styles are mapped to a userDK's then you will have a big problem. Last month a good friend of mine sent me his SET. This SET had everything but a userDK.PCG folder. I did load the SET. Most of the styles did not work at all. Reason they were mapped to certain userDK kits that were missing from the SET. Per my friend, he forgot to check the user drum kit box when he was doing the all save procedure and that is why I was missing the userDK.PCG folder. He sent me the user DK kit folder later that night and guess what! after loading the userDK.PCG folder, the styles sounded perfect. Hope this help. Best of luck.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy
Arash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durood bar tu Fahim Aziz: ThX again for your wonderful advices. What do you mean by checking the boxes? Smile , I think I just saved my set on HD and in few minutes I know if I messed up or not. At any rate, I did load the entire set and it really sounded great. I now feel bad that I made judgement about the CDs that I bought. The only problem I see now is that it takes some time to load the set and that is going to cause a problem when your favorite styles are on different set and you try to play in a party. Unless I am wrong again do you any solution to this problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: