Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish list for the v2.5 KP3 update..?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Wish list for the v2.5 KP3 update..? Reply with quote

Hell yeah!
Korg proves that they DO listen to their customers!
v2.0 available at korg.co.uk!
But there are still obvious features missing on the KP3.
Any new bugs you discovered?

I haven't tested all features yet, but I know they took care of the most requested features.
So, please help me revise these lists.
Remind me what's fixed and what you still want and I'll update this thread.
Something like:
Wish #7 *fixed*
Money for nothing and chicks for free *wanted*

KP3 firmware: 2.0
USB-Midi driver: 1.11
KP3 editor: 2.0

I noticed there are wishes scattered all over this forum, so I took the liberty to include them here too.
I'm not 100% sure what some of the other requests mean since there are some advanced midi-trigger-sequence-while-using-an-external-CC-control-pedal-board-in-live-situations requests. So i put some "quotation marks" on requests other than my own.

Here's what we're missing:

1. Longer sample times; especially for one shots.

2. Alternative filenames; It's annoying that the sample names are limited to two digits.
00-99.kps, 00-99.wav and 00-99.aif. That leave us with 300 samples right?
Wait, the manual states: "NOTE In the case of WAVE files or AIFF files, the
KP3 will recognize only file names consisting of a two-digit number plus filename extension, such as "00.wav" or "99.aif". If both .wav and .aiff files with the same two-digit number exist, the WAVE file will take priority."
So only 200 time limited samples that can't be named.
There's both the little display and the touch pad to show longer filenames like "electro.beat.120.bpm.wav". Same with .aif .kps .kpa .kpp and .kpg.

3. Sub folders anyone? "Bass", "Arps", "Beats" and/or "Instruments"..

4. "The possibility to switch the FX depth knob with the FX release slider would be sweet." joesapo

5. Start/end point trim; brilliant! But how about a possibility to "move" the sample back/forward without cutting the end/start?

6. A switch between the toggle style use of samples/one shots and trigger and sustain (i.e. the style of playing when holding down a button, and lifting your finger stops the loop/shot).

7. "If you want to adjust the volume of the samples the others are muted, this is not so handy. You actually have a 4 channel touch screen mixer (which is very cool!) but when you want to change the volume of 1 sample the others are muted, why oh why Korg?" don't remember where I saw this one

8. An overall volume out level would be good.

9. We know that we have a 4 channel touch screen mixer for the volume (see #7). How about a a similar thing to assign the current effect to only one, two or three of the four banks?
Just vocoding on the D pad, or LFO on A & C pad only, not all of them at the same time.
Or how about FX on input only?
I know you can record the pad motion and resample the loop/one shot, but sometimes you might want to improvise something on the input or some of the banks.

10. The possibility to preview all banks in the KP3 editor simultaneously. Right now you can only listen to one at the time. It would be a time saver to not have to transfer the samples and then realize that the combo sounds like crap.

11. A metronome click (or beep) that doesn't get recorded while sampling. Good to have when you want to make a bass line (or melody) on one of the banks. Easier to follow than the flashing BPM light.
"Metronome Pre-count: I'm using the KP3 as a guitar looper.. it's really difficult to press the sample button and play at the beginning of the beat.. so in addition to a metronome, a 1-beat (or 2) pre-count would be sooo cool!" T-Rex

12. "I know it's a lot to ask, but it would be so great to be able to load samples while the Korg is playing material back. Perhaps automatically mute that slot when the sample gets loaded?" decrepitude

13. "I know we can assign a midi note to a sample pad to turn the sample on and off. I also noticed that when you go into sample record mode the midi note no longer works to trigger the pad. If it did we could setup a sequencer to trigger the sample recording at the exact right time. This would make the creation of perfect loops very simple." lukas412

14. "split loop and mute parts of loop without cut down of loop length and it could be great to be able to do this live (i dont want to remove parts of loop)" saw

15. "synchronize pad motion (midi loop) with midi out (now pad motion is just useless cool thing)" saw

16. "i want switch behind ext.ctrl (midi mode) and fx without turn off playing samples" saw

17. "usb audio with vst integration - vst could be a 4 channel real-time loop spliter which will be works with recorded loops in korg. so, it could be great for rearrange loops (copy/paste parts of slices etc.) and for sequencing parts of loops in sequencing software" saw

18. "1st why have you made this a shift function, it's vital, please put a midi note to it so i can send it every bar 1 beat 1 from the esx (I was thinking crash cymbal)" m4m

19. "the looper should change the length by halving and croping the end, not in th e middle of nowhere so when you sample a 1 bar starting on 1(kick) when it will go to 1/2 beat it will keep the kick start, not the upbeat of the 1 like it does now)" m4m

20. "would be nice to unlock the mod fx from the tempo with another shift function for nice LOOOONNNGGGGGG sweeps, not 1 bar" m4m

21. "one thing I really find annoying : when you're sampling only the BMP button/light flashes at the BPM speed, all the other buttons are flashing at another speed, its confusing" johnnyg0

22. "Some sort of auto align feature would be great when using the internal MIDI clock to drive other gear.
It would be really great if (when in Ext Ctrl mode) when you send a START Midi message to other gear, that automatically gets locked as the downbeat so sampled loops play perfectly in sync. At the moment, you have to align manually, which can be a bit hit and miss." matt_n
Edit: There is a workaround, but I agree it would still be nice to have it synced in the first place.

23. "Please try to improve the auto BPM. It sometimes goes randomly from 90 to 190 BPM." Takkero

24. "The auto BPM turns off when I press sample, can this be fixed too?" Takkero

25. "The sample auto starts when finishing the acquisition, can this be an option to turn on/off?" Takkero
I cleaned up these last three ones to make them a little more understandable and a little less fuming..

26. "triggering more than one effect at a time" SMK

27. "midi mapping the sample/record button" SMK

28 "effect (when on) is recorded with the sound when sampling" SMK

29 "I don't know if his is possible through an update or not but it would be great if it was: How about including some of the Kaossilator functions into the machine, like the scale/arpeggiator for samples and synth sounds, probably a really daft request but it would be nice to have it all under the one bonnet." citrus

30. "How about an 8x8 pattern sequencer that could trigger external instruments with note on - note off from the touchpad?This would be wicked for some hands on drum or bassline programming.
Keys A-D could also be assignable for setting note length,velocity,resolution etc..." islandstyle

31. "You know that vocoder sound from the kp2 ( #88 ), the one that follows your pitch and trills along with you? That pitch tracking option could (please?) be an option on each vocoder, making them far more powerful. If you take the ability to track pitch like that and apply it to the intermal synth sounds (kapow!) you have the most valuable voice to synth sound ever." radiatesky

32. "CC changes are great, but the power of the pad could be note data in preset scales on our pad... making our hardware synths even more powerful and adding an interface that makes the KP3 a looping dream... record the pad motion and we have the (shnoof!) live sequencer that will change live electronic music... " radiatesky

33. "the slider could be used (slide!)... like the electribe efx synth slider. It transmits the note pitch data, and the pad touch triggers the synth sound in a pulse to the BPM (much like the pad on the electribe) ... but the best part? The location on the pad dictates the resonance of the synth and the pattern of the pulse... " radiatesky

34. "i shouldn't, but i have to tell you that the drum sounds... ehhh, more original, more tweakable would make them more likely to appear on a record. the synth sounds are growly and sawtoothy, but how about sub bass (fwoosh!) that never gets too high or too twangy? and while i'm already digging a hole, how about a 8 bar synth that covers all the colours (yes, with a u) of noise: white, pink, blue, brown, green, etc... don't believe they exist? wiki it, mf." radiatesky

35. "I would like to see adjustable screen resolution. For pitched effects it would be useful. Maybe each square could be a change, or squares and lines between squares. The way it is now makes it quite hard to play anything consistent.
To clarify; I tried with a stylus and found there to be eleven vertical steps per square for Grn. 1. That's a lot of steps for my fat finger, at least for certain applications I want to try" Zedius

36. "I'd like to be able to change the way the LFO speed ramps up towards the right side of the pad. I feel I go from useful to stupid too fast, know what I mean? I guess I'd like to be able to set ranges, possibly for more parameters, but it's the LFO speed that's annoying me. " hovmod

37. "I wonder if it would be possible to get software to edit the majority of effect parameters. It's a shame that the effects seem to be set one specific way. I would definately be willing to pay for that added control." Zedius

38. "..making it that every button knob and slider be triggered by CC, midi note and program change as well as send messages CC, midi note and program change in global and control mode" SMK

39. "to be able to delete the Drum effects!! (or any effect) it would be great if we could do this, because that would mean that maybe we could also load new effect algorithms?!?" T-Rex

40. "Numbers in LED: add an option to choose either effect names or numbers on the LED (or on the touchpad)?! makes it easier to find an effect with scroll knob" T-Rex

41. "as a practical measure i find having a black machine with black buttons quite stylish but very stupid in a performance situation. I would like it if ALL buttons were very dimly lit at all times so they can be seen - often I am really guessing where the mute and pad motion buttons are in the dark" richard s

42. "I think it would be fantastic if, when cutting up the segments of a sample, there were the option to insert silence instead of skipping the part. That would be great for drum beats especially" Zedius

43. "Pad Motion Sync: free/1/2/3/4-beat Pad Motion with option to sync start-point with beat" Zedius

44. "Reloop: I want to apply effects on a loop A and resample to B.
Loop A is continuously playing.

1 press SHIFT + SAMPLING
2 press A + B (meaning i want to reloop A to B)
3 recording automatically starts next time A starts and automatically stops at the end
4 any recorded effects applied to A during recording are now recorded to B" xtal

45. "When you load a sond in the KP Editor, sometimes the detection of the tempo is bad (sound detected two times faster with the good pitch). With the editor, you can change the tempo and the number of steps without altering the pitch. It would be great to be able to do the same when editing a sound on the Kaoss" didjeko

46. "he KP Editor rewritten in java. I know, this demand will be rejected, but... " didjeko

47. "i really miss the "auto rec" function from the kp2.. i.e. when u press simultaneously the sample button and and one of the sample banks the kp gos into the "auto rec" mood and starts sampeling as soon as it recives a signal...makes it much more simple to use as a loop station with external instruments" kutiman

48. Possibility to edit a loop to an one-shot or the other way around directly on the KP3. (Ideally loose the 00-99 file system all together.)

Bugs I've (and others) noticed:

1. Transferring a loop often pitches it down. The tempo stays the same, but it's down a semitone. And yes, the (wave) sample is a 48 kHz 8/16/24-bit linear PCM mono/stereo file. (Trust me I've tried all kinds of combinations.) This only happened a few times in the beginning, so I clear this one for now.

2. There is a serious sync problem. At first I thought I was the retard and had to shift the start point all the time. But after many trials and errors I loaded the exact same sample on all four banks.
A simple 16 beat, 120 bpm with a double hi-hat to mark the end of the loop.
None of them were in sync.
Shift start on bank A on 0.0, B had to be +1.0 to align (with a missing bar), then C had to be on -0.7 (but it's one bar behind with the hi-hat, I can't dial enough to compensate) and C have to be on -0.19 (now it's two bars behind, can't dial enough to compensate that one either). This is of course since the "trimming" cuts a bar or two instead of moving them to align.

I know the use of “Shift+Align”, but as said in wish 22:
Edit:
There is a workaround, but I agree it would still be nice to have it synced in the first place.

3. When (if) you manage to get four samples to sync and save it on your SD card (or computer) and then load it again later, then one or two banks are often out of sync again.

4. I'm creating a .kpa file in the KP3 editor in let’s say 140 or 90 bpm. But when I send it to the sampler it stays at the default 120 bpm. Doesn't "a" stand for "all" in .kpa?

5. "I have not tried this yet, but I was about to once I found a decent enough CC control pedal board. I found what I want to use and now I stumble onto this little post that triggering the ABCD pads via midi for setting off the pads to record a loop is not possible in Sample mode. This is truly a BUG that needs fixing. I thought not having the record and shift keys midi maped in global was bad but wow...we need this fixed along with the volume / sample edit/ sliced beat issue." SMK

6a. "still alot of bad issues when it comes to slaving its midi clock...
it recieves the clock with -0.1.... no matter what the host...
this sucks... where can i find info on using the kp3 as clockmaster?" reSet

6b. "midi synchro works ALOT better!! but still not perfectly!!!!!
it's still tricky, it is like it realigns each 4bar... which gives my loops a little "click" sometimes.. and a funky undesired shuffle... " reSet

7. "Now I've verified, that the clicks (when stopping samples on sample trigger 3-4) are captured when the sample is resampled, they are louder depending on the effects that are used during resampling process. On the resample the clicks are really noticeable now and a bit bothering - in this context it's definitely a bug." Pirx

8. "With V2.0 my Kaoss recognizes wav files, but it has a buggy behavior if I have sounds with the same name and different extensions.
I had the majority of mysounds as kps sounds and some others also in wav format :
40.kps, 41.kps,and 40.wav, 41.wav.
When I load the kps sounds,no problems.
When I load 40.kps and 40.wav, my Kaoss is lost : if I try to load another sound, the Kaoss only finds 40.wav and 41.wav,no matter how long I turn the knob.
Then, the four banks play the same sound and it's impossible to get the sounds on the card until I turn the power off then on." didjeko

9. "if I launch two sounds, A and B, then I load a sound in bank C, at the end of the loading, loops A and B are no more synchronized. It seems that the desynchronization is increasing with tue duration of loading time" didjeko

Oh, by the way; Korg, did I say we love you? Very Happy
/Maako

Last edited by maako on Mon May 26, 2008 4:53 pm; edited 12 times in total
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? no interest in multi effect capabilities?

to add to the list:

2. Alternative filenames; It's annoying that the sample names are limited to two digits.
00-99.kps, 00-99.wav and 00-99.aif. That leave us with 300 samples right?
Wait, the manual states: "NOTE In the case of WAVE files or AIFF files, the
KP3 will recognize only file names consisting of a two-digit number plus filename extension, such as "00.wav" or "99.aif". If both .wav and .aiff files with the same two-digit number exist, the WAVE file will take priority."
So only 200 time limited samples that can't be named.
There's both the little display and the touch pad to show longer filenames like "electro.beat.120.bpm.wav". Same with .aif .kps .kpa .kpp and .kpg.

3. Sub folders anyone? "Bass", "Arps", "Beats" and/or "Instruments"..

4. "The possibility to switch the FX depth knob with the FX release slider would be sweet." joesapo

5. Start/end point trim; brilliant! But how about a possibility to "move" the sample back/forward without cutting the end/start?

6. A switch between the toggle style use of samples/one shots and trigger and sustain (i.e. the style of playing when holding down a button, and lifting your finger stops the loop/shot).

7. "If you want to adjust the volume of the samples the others are muted, this is not so handy. You actually have a 4 channel touch screen mixer (which is very cool!) but when you want to change the volume of 1 sample the others are muted, why oh why Korg?" don't remember where I saw this one

8. An overall volume out level would be good.

9. We know that we have a 4 channel touch screen mixer for the volume (see #7). How about a a similar thing to assign the current effect to only one, two or three of the four banks?
Just vocoding on the D pad, or LFO on A & C pad only, not all of them at the same time.
I know you can record the pad motion and resample the loop/one shot, but sometimes you might want to improvise something on the input or some of the banks.

10. The possibility to preview all banks in the KP3 editor simultaneously. Right now you can only listen to one at the time. It would be a time saver to not have to transfer the samples and then realize that the combo sounds like crap.

11. A metronome click (or beep) that doesn't get recorded while sampling. Good to have when you want to make a bass line (or melody) on one of the banks. Easier to follow than the flashing BPM light.

12. "I know it's a lot to ask, but it would be so great to be able to load samples while the Korg is playing material back. Perhaps automatically mute that slot when the sample gets loaded?" decrepitude

13. "I know we can assign a midi note to a sample pad to turn the sample on and off. I also noticed that when you go into sample record mode the midi note no longer works to trigger the pad. If it did we could setup a sequencer to trigger the sample recording at the exact right time. This would make the creation of perfect loops very simple." lukas412

14. "split loop and mute parts of loop without cut down of loop length and it could be great to be able to do this live (i dont want to remove parts of loop)" saw

15. "synchronize pad motion (midi loop) with midi out (now pad motion is just useless cool thing)" saw

16. "i want switch behind ext.ctrl (midi mode) and fx without turn off playing samples" saw

17. "usb audio with vst integration - vst could be a 4 channel real-time loop spliter which will be works with recorded loops in korg. so, it could be great for rearrange loops (copy/paste parts of slices etc.) and for sequencing parts of loops in sequencing software" saw

18. "1st why have you made this a shift function, it's vital, please put a midi note to it so i can send it every bar 1 beat 1 from the esx (I was thinking crash cymbal)" m4m

19. "the looper should change the length by halving and croping the end, not in th e middle of nowhere so when you sample a 1 bar starting on 1(kick) when it will go to 1/2 beat it will keep the kick start, not the upbeat of the 1 like it does now)" m4m

20. "would be nice to unlock the mod fx from the tempo with another shift function for nice LOOOONNNGGGGGG sweeps, not 1 bar" m4m

21. "one thing I really find annoying : when you're sampling only the BMP button/light flashes at the BPM speed, all the other buttons are flashing at another speed, its confusing" johnnyg0

22. "Some sort of auto align feature would be great when using the internal MIDI clock to drive other gear.
It would be really great if (when in Ext Ctrl mode) when you send a START Midi message to other gear, that automatically gets locked as the downbeat so sampled loops play perfectly in sync. At the moment, you have to align manually, which can be a bit hit and miss." matt_n
Edit:There is a workaround, but I agree it would still be nice to have it synced in the first place.

23. "Please try to improve the auto BPM. It sometimes goes randomly from 90 to 190 BPM." Takkero

24. "The auto BPM turns off when I press sample, can this be fixed too?" Takkero

25. "The sample auto starts when finishing the acquisition, can this be an option to turn on/off?" Takkero
I cleaned up these last three ones to make them a little more understandable and a little less fuming..

26. Multi effect processor! Imagine if once you store all of your favorite sounds in the 8 patches then you can cue up 3 or 4 of these effects at once! All 8 would be nice but I'd be happy with 4. Come on now, I know someone here wants the eq effect on with the LFO filter and the delay effect all on, Right?

27. midi map the sample/record button in global

28. This is key, and most likely a bug that needs fixing: The problem is that when you record a sample and want the effect with it we have to bounce the sample to another sample bank...not easy to work with at times. What needs to happen is when you sample something, sample/record the audio with the effect! If we don't want the effect to be sampled with the sound then we can just turn off the effect.

Last edited by SMK on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
citrus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if his is possible through an update or not but it would be great if it was: How about including some of the Kaossilator functions into the machine, like the scale/arpeggiator for samples and synth sounds, probably a really daft request but it would be nice to have it all under the one bonnet.
maako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised!
And thank you SMK for reminding me of the whole list again, hehe.. Wink
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maako wrote:
Revised!
And thank you SMK for reminding me of the whole list again, hehe.. Wink

Wasn't reminding you of the whole list, but just adding and up dating the one you started. Please check out points:

26 triggering more than one effect at a time

midi mapping the sample/record button

28 effect (when on) is recorded with the sound when sampling

Out of all of the requests I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one that would want a multi-effect option here. I may be a guitarist Kaoss user but i know there are DJ's out there who would love to have an LFO filter with the 8 bar EQ and the delay all at the same time!

Anyhow, from what we have seen Korg Japan do it looks like that any and all of these features that all of us here are asking for are very much a strong possibility and I think making the KP3 a multi-effect unit (as oppose to one effect/synth at a time unit) would be the best new add on for a KP3 2.5 or 3.0 feature.
saw.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big thanks for korg team for this upgrade Smile good work!
...but there is still a lot to do Wink

i don't know why wish #14 is mark as green. yes, there is possible to split loop live but still there isn't possible to MUTE parts of loop (not skip) without cut down length of loop (mute parts of loop without shorter loop after that). it could be great for create new loops with fx or mix with different loops...

wishes:
- please make quantize option for 3&4 trigger type of playing loops (after push pad loop will be start with quantize)
- fx for dedicated pads or line in (not always for all audio)
- usb in/out audio (fx vst)

i think its make for live use so why there is a lot of barriers? everything what we want to do (load sample, edit sample, ext.ctrl...) turn off playing samples or used fx (hold button) :/ so i notice my wishes as bugs Smile

bugs:
- edit sample turn off HOLD button - there isn't possible to edit and mixing sample live with turn on fx (hold button)
- load samples from sd (or usb) without turn off samples
- ext.ctrl stop everything (it will be nice to use it as midi controller with playing loops, fx and more... ext.ctrl could remember values for buttons and pad after turn off ext.ctrl option)
- problem with formatted sd cards (why that wasn't before?)

sorry for my english
maako

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

Out of all of the requests I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one that would want a multi-effect option here. I may be a guitarist Kaoss user but i know there are DJ's out there who would love to have an LFO filter with the 8 bar EQ and the delay all at the same time!

I think we are on the same page.
Code:

Multi-effect option, right?

I'll revise it tomorrow, and thanks, remind me if I flag something that shouldn't be green quite yet.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maako wrote:
SMK wrote:

I think we are on the same page.
Code:

Multi-effect option, right?

I'll revise it tomorrow, and thanks, remind me if I flag something that shouldn't be green quite yet.

Actually what I was thinking about is a little different. I thought of Muti-effect in this manner but this can be very limiting. You want to be able to freely sample what you want and have that sample on or off when you need to. If chose to turn off the sample then the said effect would be gone as well (assuming the effect setting you stored is on that sample bank).

What I was thinking is more about being able to turn on any of the effects 1-8 to work at the same time. Bear in mind I'm thinking of live use of the effects like for guitar or bass.

For example, one could have stored in patch 1 a granulator, then in patch 2 a reverb of some sort. Patch 3 would have the EQ setting (EQ will most likely used effect here) EQing what they want out of the effects of patch 1 and 2. The finally patch 4 has a delay setting. You have all of these on then you have a great unique sound for the audio coming in.

In order to make this work the patches 1-8 would have a to have a hold function recorded into the memory for your chosen effects. Touch pad motion would only work for one effect at a time (you would not be able to do motion on all 4 effects, nor would you want to). You can select which effect to mess with live out of 1-4 (in our example) by tapping the effect off then on a gain and it would blink as the effect being messed with (motion pad, FX release ect...). In order to make this work you would be required to have an SD card in the slot to handle "band width" issues. The SD card would act as extra memory for the muti-effect function to work...The more effects you want live, the bigger memory card you have to use.

Effects chaining is pretty straight forward, what ever is in patch 1 is the first effect, then 2 and so on. If you want to change the position of the effect (have it in a different order), re-save it in different patch.

The benefits here would be that you could turn on any or all of the effects you need for your performance. Most guitarists have been asking for this feature in a Kaoss pad for years. It is literally creating your own effects box and personal sounds.

The benefits for Korg is that they would be able to expand on a market that has had interest in Kaoss for a long time; the guitarist!

If my KP3 became a multi-effects unit, I would have no need for any other effects unit other than my compressor limiter for cleaning up the sound.

Korg has been so good to us so far (4 channel mixer for the samples yeah!!!) so I'm really hoping for a multi-effect system in the next software update.
reSet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

NOOOO!!!
i'm backing you totaly!!

and the sollution you offer seems plausible to me in the KP3's actual hardware configuration!!

read this beloved korg... please
embry0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish:
read/write samples directly from/to SD Card = longer sampletimes.
sampletime not depending on banksize but capacity of the SD Card.

Proud owner of >RADIAS-R+RDKB|microX|KP3
maako

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embry0 wrote:
wish:
read/write samples directly from/to SD Card = longer sampletimes.
sampletime not depending on banksize but capacity of the SD Card.

Are you thinking of wish nr. one?
Code:
islandstyle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Hello

How about an 8x8 pattern sequencer that could trigger external instruments with note on - note off from the touchpad?This would be wicked for some hands on drum or bassline programming.
Keys A-D could also be assignable for setting note length,velocity,resolution etc...

My 2 cents and only wish so far after owning the thing for about six hours:)
maako

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish number 30 added.. Wink
chrysalis33rpm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

islandstyle wrote:
~Hello

How about an 8x8 pattern sequencer that could trigger external instruments with note on - note off from the touchpad?This would be wicked for some hands on drum or bassline programming.
Keys A-D could also be assignable for setting note length,velocity,resolution etc...

My 2 cents and only wish so far after owning the thing for about six hours:)

That is a wicked idea!
radiatesky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: 3 top requests from a korg lover Reply with quote

dearest korg,

#1 You know that vocoder sound from the kp2 ( #88 ), the one that follows your pitch and trills along with you? That pitch tracking option could (please?) be an option on each vocoder, making them far more powerful. If you take the ability to track pitch like that and apply it to the intermal synth sounds (kapow!) you have the most valuable voice to synth sound ever.

#2 CC changes are great, but the power of the pad could be note data in preset scales on our pad... making our hardware synths even more powerful and adding an interface that makes the KP3 a looping dream... record the pad motion and we have the (shnoof!) live sequencer that will change live electronic music...

#3 the slider could be used (slide!)... like the electribe efx synth slider. It transmits the note pitch data, and the pad touch triggers the synth sound in a pulse to the BPM (much like the pad on the electribe) ... but the best part? The location on the pad dictates the resonance of the synth and the pattern of the pulse...

(aside from the silly parentheses) hope you try them out...

i shouldn't, but i have to tell you that the drum sounds... ehhh, more original, more tweakable would make them more likely to appear on a record. the synth sounds are growly and sawtoothy, but how about sub bass (fwoosh!) that never gets too high or too twangy? and while i'm already digging a hole, how about a 8 bar synth that covers all the colours (yes, with a u) of noise: white, pink, blue, brown, green, etc... don't believe they exist? wiki it, mf.

You have made an instrument that will change music... and I am humbled that my comments, however insignificant, could possibly change your synth for the better. offering this to your users is pure communal innovation.

And, um, if your PR people don't go for these ideas, you could always send me a test run (wink wink) to download anyway.

from the least known electronic musician in the world,
still believing that noise has colours,
radiate sky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: