Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed - Crazy Mod of Mini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavydan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Help Needed - Crazy Mod of Mini Reply with quote

Hello All!

I've gotten myself into a bit of trouble modding a Kaoss mini and I'm hoping someone can help bail me out. In return I'm happy to share info on my project - installing a mini into the body of a guitar.

What I need is a close up view of the circuit board in the area around the Program knob - or better yet a drawing / schematic of the circuit board.

Background...I build guitars (crazy finishes but usually normal electronics - wavelengthguitars.com). I'm working with a killer player in Seattle that plays a lot of electronic music and requested a Kaoss mini in an effects loop onboard the guitar.

I unsoldered the major controls from the circuit board and reconnected them with long wires - allowing me to have the guts on the guitar back with just the controls mounted in the face of the instrument. All went well with the the buttons, led lights, led display. The only control not working is the program knob. I have a feeling that I damaged a small area of the circuit board around where the control pot was soldered.

I'm hoping a drawing or image of the undamaged traces in that area will help me recreate a good circuit.

Thanks for any help and I'm happy to answer any questions about this crazy project.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: