Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Korg EXB-DI for Sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkF786

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: OT: Korg EXB-DI for Sale Reply with quote

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I remember some OASYS owners were looking for EXB-DI cards now that they were discontinued. I'm selling mine - like new - if anyone is interested. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,

Mark
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkF786

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Everything original including box and manual.

I'll PM you with my email address to work out the details offline.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
master logic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: Korg EXB-DI for Sale Reply with quote

MarkF786 wrote:
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I remember some OASYS owners were looking for EXB-DI cards now that they were discontinued. I'm selling mine - like new - if anyone is interested. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,

Mark

err, why are these cards discontinued when the Oasys is still in production?
Grapite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Oasys still in production?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Korg EXB-DI for Sale Reply with quote

master logic wrote:
err, why are these cards discontinued when the Oasys is still in production?

I believe there is some part on the EXB-DI that Korg can no longer get, so they can't manufacture any more.
Grapite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question was legitimate, Is the Oasys out of production also?
MrT-Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Oasys is not out of production! What made you think that?
Grapite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every retailer that I've spoken to except one (SW), including various Guitar centers, Sam Ash, Mannys and a few lesser knowns don't seem to think so, the consensus seems to be that any O's left in stock will be sold and that will be it unless special ordered, apparently no one wants to keep these in stock anymore after they sell what they have in inventory, and according to most it's not because of the price. I'm just a little confused on whether or not the production of new machines has ceased because of the specialty of the instrument that out ways the demand for it, that's all.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grapite wrote:
Almost every retailer that I've spoken to except one (SW), including various Guitar centers, Sam Ash, Mannys and a few lesser knowns don't seem to think so, the consensus seems to be that any O's left in stock will be sold and that will be it unless special ordered, apparently no one wants to keep these in stock anymore after they sell what they have in inventory, and according to most it's not because of the price.

A few points:

1. In the U.S. only selected dealers are allowed to sell the OASYS, and you can find out that answer for a particular state here:
http://www.korg.com/service/dealerlocator.asp

You will notice there aren't very many dealers that are authorized to sell the OASYS (and there have never been very many). For example, in Virginia/Maryland/Wash DC there are only two dealers, one in the WashDC area and one in southern Virginia.

Are all of the stores to which you referred to on the OASYS dealer's list?

2. If a current OASYS dealer has decided to sell the OASYS on a Special Order basis (and this may not be allowed under their dealership agreements), or not sell them at all, this would be TOTALLY about the price. Dealers need to move merchandise to make a profit, so an expensive keyboard like the OASYS would not "move" at the same rate as an M3.

3. I am confident that someone from Korg would have informed us if OASYS manufacturing had stopped. The OASYS really hasn't had any significant price drop yet. Normally with Korg products, the retail prices decline over time. I would expect the OASYS prices to drop at least twice before it was discontinued.
MarkF786

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to Martin's comment's, another thing to consider is would Korg have released the new MOD-7 EXi if the OASYS was discontinued? I highly doubt it. Also they have a new EXs soon to be released (though they'rll probably leverage new sample libraries for both the OASYS and M3 like was done for the Triton and Karma).

Possibly some retailers will stop selling the OASYS just because they don't sell many in comparison to the lower end synths. This is no different than most retailers not carrying other high-end synths - which was the case at my local GC and Sam Ash until recently when they started to stock some Moogs, Virus TIs, etc.

Hopefully Korg keeps the OASYS alive for years to come, and even releases an OASYS 2 someday. Now that I sold my OASYS, I'm hoping that the OASYS 2 is released by the time I plan to buy a new one Very Happy

Mark
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can answer this.

Wink

OASYS is still in production, and Korg Distributors still are delivering new stock to dealers. That would be part 1 of the answer.

Part 2 relates to support of the OASYS. It is an Open Architecture system and we take that seriously. So we continue to develop for it and consider it a platform to carry forward into the future.

Regards,

Jerry
medusaland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
I think I can answer this.

Wink

OASYS is still in production, and Korg Distributors still are delivering new stock to dealers. That would be part 1 of the answer.

Part 2 relates to support of the OASYS. It is an Open Architecture system and we take that seriously. So we continue to develop for it and consider it a platform to carry forward into the future.

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

thats nice to here Very Happy

Take care,

medusaland
master logic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if it's still in production why isn't there a replacement for the adat card? how can you sell the Oasys to new customers when the option isn't available? Mad the ability to use the adat card was another reason i bought the Oasys, unfortunately i haven't got round to buying it & looks like i won't be able to now, that's totally out of order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: