Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unusual spellings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Unusual spellings Reply with quote

How long has "teh" been a substitute for "the?" It keeps popping up online almost everywhere

We've gotten used to funky spellings for music software (Komplete, Kontakt, ElectrikPiano, etc.), but it seems that spelling in general is being irreversibly dissected and disfigured.

Rolling Eyes
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see how my sister spells everything.
She could fit a book on one page. Everything is in mobile phone "Text" talk.

Like.... "see you at 8" would be"cu@8"
One liners like that are not too bad, I can work them out pretty quickly. It's just when your reading long sentences like this, it becomes impossible.

Regards.
Sharp.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Unusual spellings Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
How long has "teh" been a substitute for "the?" It keeps popping up online almost everywhere

We've gotten used to funky spellings for music software (Komplete, Kontakt, ElectrikPiano, etc.), but it seems that spelling in general is being irreversibly dissected and disfigured.

Rolling Eyes

Are you sure its not just a typo...from fast typing.I'm partial to it,although the letters are all there just not in teh right order Laughing ,I sometimes go back and correct the words..I think its a habit of thinking the text in your head,without actually going over what you've typed,its only when you've re read the text that you notice it.

I do it mylfes no anmy ossacions Wink

I do however find that Text spelling rather annoying,especially when people use it on a forum,for Mobile phone texting its fine but on a forum,is there really any need for it Twisted Evil ..
It's almost as annoying as those genre of teenagers who are white race but speak in "Ongy",like there Jamaican

or have a habit of saying "Yeh" after every sentence

"Ya no wat I mean,yeh"

"ya get me yeh"

"Listen Yeh"

"I is anging wiv me Omies Yeh"

What the hell happened to the Queens English.. Rolling Eyes
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Unusual spellings Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:

Are you sure its not just a typo...from fast typing.

I'm sure.....it's been showing up a lot lately.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual spellings Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Synthoid wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Are you sure its not just a typo...from fast typing.I'm partial to it,although the letters are all there just not in teh right order Laughing ,I sometimes go back and correct the words..I think its a habit of thinking the text in your head,without actually going over what you've typed,its only when you've re read the text that you notice it.

I do it mylfes no anmy ossacions Wink

I do however find that Text spelling rather annoying,especially when people use it on a forum,for Mobile phone texting its fine but on a forum,is there really any need for it Twisted Evil ..
It's almost as annoying as those genre of teenagers who are white race but speak in "Ongy",like there Jamaican

or have a habit of saying "Yeh" after every sentence

"Ya no wat I mean,yeh"

"ya get me yeh"

"Listen Yeh"

"I is anging wiv me Omies Yeh"

What the hell happened to the Queens English.. Rolling Eyes

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

*Guilty*

Um...Well... I guess i'm a culprit of this horrible crime! Me spll vry bd! Its jst so mch fster thn regulr typng! nda i do cht rooms oftn so tis hardr nt 2 thn 2! Very Happy
it has bcme habt fr me! now i cant not do it! aaahhhh! Sad Sad

So i appoligize (if its not to late) if i may do dis on da forum, ya?! Laughing Very Happy

Pura Vida
DJ Cool
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
*another guilty*
or maybe people who spell wrong are just Italian ehm ehr... and simply they don't know how to write in English...
Rolling Eyes
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

http://www.titus2menandwomen.org/Humor/Spelling.shtml
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo wrote:

or maybe people who spell wrong are just Italian ehm ehr... and simply they don't know how to write in English...
Rolling Eyes

Well.....I also see people on forums add "s" to the end of words that don't need it, as in:

"I bought a new softwares" or "I ate a good foods."
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, on an international forum such as this with posters from all over the world, it's unavoidable that huge variations in spelling and grammar will occur. Even translation software leaves a great deal to be desired, but to rely on that is the only recourse for many whose native tongue is not English.

Lets face it, the variations from English English to the English language spoken/written in other English speaking countries are quite diverse. Coming from the United States you would surely be aware of that. Not to mention the wide differences in the use of colloquialisms and structure used within the United Kingdom itself. It's a colossal subject I'm sure would drive even the most seasoned linguist nuckin' futs!
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A special education teacher is my primary job. I've seen some very unique spelling of words. What gets me is how some people try to modify the spelling of their common names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: