Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking up a KP2 To my Xone 92 Mixer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Linking up a KP2 To my Xone 92 Mixer? Reply with quote

Ok ive now got a allen & Heath xone 92 mixer...ive read somewhere that its possible to connect the two and control the kp2 via the mixer...ive contacted allen & heath as to how to connect it up but i still have no joy with it and its driving me insane! Shocked

Basically i need some basic set up guides, ive read my mixer manual but its extremely complicated to me and makes no sense

Im sure i have all the right cables... so if anyone out there has any clue or has the same setup... please help a very frustrated dj out

Regards, chris
Rich Curtis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "control the kp2 via the mixer" - as in manipulate the kp2 or just control its input/output signal

Easiest way to connect these things to the Xone mixers is connect the KP "line-in" to the mixer "Aux1" and the KP "lineout" to the mixer "Aux1 Return"

The KP should be set to "send" not "direct"

Using the far left channel fader on the mixer (Aux1) to bring the KP into the mix, you have to dial in the desired amount of Aux1 sent from whatever channel you want using the Aux1 knobs up the top of the mixer. Make sure the "ret" button on the Aux1 channel is pushed, instead of "mic". Also make sure Aux1 channel's own "Aux1" send knob is on zero to avoid feedback.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ttp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool i will, give that a go mate cheers for that!....yeah ive read somewhere that i can control the kp2 via the fx pots/knobs on the mixer... any ideas?
Rich Curtis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard of that at all, but if it were possible I imagine you'd be connecting the KP to the mixer via midi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chrysalis33rpm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTP - Rich Curtis is trying to teach you how to use your KP to process audio from the Xone mixer. What you want to do is MIDI based. The Xone 92 transmits a few midi messages (2 knobs, crossfader, tempo and start/stop). The controls which transmit midi are marked on the front panel with a little midi plug icon. Plug the midi cable from the Xone into the Midi in of the KP. Now you'll need to program the KP to respond to the messages that the Xone sends out, since you can't change the messages on the Xone.

Somebody else will have to help you with that; I dont have a KP.
djwilcox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Another KP2 to Xone 92 tip Reply with quote

I recently dug out my KP2 and linked it to my Xone 92 as well... Midi controls aside, one useful thing I do with the setup is rather than use the return for the effects, I run it in through the line in on a spare channel on the Xone - this has given me great flexibility in messing around with the EQ of the effects, it allows me to cue the effects, I can route the effects through a filter, and using the Pre send button under the Aux knobs on each channel I've been able to create some great mixes using the effects return channel and the original source together... all in all I've had a lot of fun using the two in tandem....
Rich Curtis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh that's how alot of clubs setup the FX return path - into a spare channel. It's not a WHOLE lot different to returning the KP back into the mic1/mic2 channel, but as you say you can't utilise the filters on mic1/mic2 returns. One thing you do miss out on with using the spare channel as a return, is the on/off/duck switches on the mic1/mic2 which can be used as a pseudo-"trans" effect on the KP Smile
djwilcox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Controlling the KP2 with the Xone:92 midi Reply with quote

I played around with the midi this weekend... all in all very simple - just connect the KP2 to the Xone with a midi cable, and set the midi channel on the KP2 to 16 and away you go! Definitely experiment with the send/return levels so you're not peaking the KP2 and the effects aren't getting "lost" in the main mix by not being loud enough... I'm finding this actually a little more flexible than using the X/Y pad....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: