Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKorg OSX SoundEditor Trouble (more than just the usual)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moderntemper1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: MicroKorg OSX SoundEditor Trouble (more than just the usual) Reply with quote

I'm having some trouble getting the OSX soundeditor to work on my iMac. I'm using my Axiom 61 midi-controler keyboard as a data pass-through (microkorg midi in/out -> axiom midi in/out -> USB into Mac from Axiom keyboard). My main goal for all this is to utilize the MicroKorg sound-editing software via my imac (OSX).

Here's where i'm at: MicroKorg is connecting to the Mac and i've been successful at passing a signal (i can control midi sounds on the imac via the microkorg). However, when attempting to make sound edits using the microkorg sound editor, it's saying "microkorg didn't respond" each time i try to make a change.

I've done the due diligence of checking all the microkorg settings (turning off the write protection, enabling all the midi-accept functions), but it's still not connecting. Is there anything I have to setup on the Axiom 61 to enable this action? Any other thoughts?
Bromley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having similar problems with my macbook, but going direct to the microkorg. The microkorg responds when i attempt to receive data as its lights flash and the bar scrolls across on my screen, but then i get the same message: "microkorg didn't respond".

I'm using OSX Leopard, has anyone had this issue and managed to sort it? Is it likely to be an issue with Leopard? It's getting pretty frustrating and i could really do with backing up the microkorg's sounds onto this machine.

or if anyone could offer any alternative ways of transferring the data from the 'korg onto a macbook, that could be helpful too...Thanks!
dmanning

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having the same problem, on a macbook with leopard. the very first time i hooked up my microkorg and used soundedit, it seemed to work fine--the macbook was able to receive the program data from the microkorg, and make edits in real time to the microkorg memory. but after that first time, it hasn't worked right. i always get the "microkorg did not respond" error. the only way i've found to work around it is to load the "preload" file that comes with the soundedit software, make changes to that, and the transmit the entire program data to the microkorg. this is ok, but i really would like to be able to receive data from the microKorg and save it to the computer. oh yeah, i can't save anything i from the microkorg or the soundedit software to my macbook; i get the error -5000 message every time.

i sure wish this would just work like it's supposed to. has anyone found solutions to these problems?

thanks.
furrybum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem

Planet Head
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Hello Korg?
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried some tests and using a M-Audio USB MIDI interface everything worked fine.

when I used another MIDI product via USB to built-in MIDI jacks (in this case the PadKONTROL) the issue came up. Upon further investigation the data was always coming across fine in spite of the error message. So it seems as if something in the final "handshaking" is causing it to report the error, but the data moved fine.

Can you confirm this is the same case for you?

regards,

Jerry
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
I just tried some tests and using a M-Audio USB MIDI interface everything worked fine.

when I used another MIDI product via USB to built-in MIDI jacks (in this case the PadKONTROL) the issue came up. Upon further investigation the data was always coming across fine in spite of the error message. So it seems as if something in the final "handshaking" is causing it to report the error, but the data moved fine.

Can you confirm this is the same case for you?

Here are my results:

- Microkorg via the Roland Fantom X6's USB MIDI interface: Transmission doesn't start. Error message occurs immediately.
    - Microkorg via M-Audio Midisport 1x1 (latest Leopard drivers): Transmission starts, but error message occurs at the end of transmission. Sometimes the patches seems to be transmitted correctly, sometimes not.
    - Microkorg via CME U2M (using OSX's generic USB MIDI driver): Transmission starts, but error msg at end of transmission. The patches were NOT transmitted correctly.

The Microkorg Editor is unusable with Leopard (10.5.5).
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry?
fenoli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problems. I connect my microkorg through protools and to my powerbook via firewire.

has anybody come to a solution?
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in Korg Inc. is going to look into this. Please be patient.

Regards,

Jerry
bozoboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: 'microkorg did not respond' error Reply with quote

i'm having the same problem! Sad

here's my setup:
lightsnake usb-midi interface by soundtech
macbook pro
OSX leopard 10.5.5

i verified that the write protect was off and that the all the midi transmit parameters were enabled on the microkorg.

i'm also experiencing a lot of stuck notes using garageband. i also installed the midIO component to give me midi output in garage band. could this interfere with the sound editor?

thanks for your help!
bozoboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

help! please!
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting Crying or Very sad My big hope is that the Microkorg XL's editor will also support the old Microkorg. That would be cool.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Inc. has been looking into this and intend to work on it, but we must all be patient - it seems that it will take some time to complete. More news as it becomes available.

Regards,

Jerry
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we've been looking into this and are finding issues with some situations that are the MIDI interface, not our code. Using another MIDI device as a pass-through (be it the Axiom, our PadKONTROL etc.) is not recommended for large Sys. Ex. streams.

So this is not just an editor issue, but a type of interface issue.

Here's what we tested and worked fine:

[OK]
Roland UM-1
UM-1EX Advanced Driver=ON -> Roland driver
UM-1EX Advanced Driver=OFF -> OS X driver
YAMAHA UX96
UX16
MOTU FastLanec
E-MU 0404|USB
midiman MidiSport 2x2

These had problems and are not recommended:

ProTools Mbox2
CME WIDI-X8 OS X driver
* Those USB-MIDI I/O lost several midi messages during sending.

Roland Fantom X6
* Fantom ignores big midi dumps because of its technical specification.

KORG padKONTROL
* padKONTROL takes an extremely long time to send big midi dump data.

So this is the first phase of the investigation. If you are having problems look at your interface first, and please report exactly what you are using in these threads so we can better understand.

Regards,

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: