Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between KP2 and KP3.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberDiablo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Difference between KP2 and KP3. Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I was wondering about the main differences between the KP2 and the KP3 Kaoss Pads. I checked on the Korg website and they mentionned that the KP2 comes loaded with some synth sound and vocoder programs but for the KP3, all they talk about is sampling. Does the KP3 also has some internal synth and ambient sounds?? And what about the Mini-KP?
subVert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KP3 has 10 synth sounds. And 6 drum programs. They can all be used by playing around with the pad without any input from the line ins or samplers. I never really use any of those presets. It also has vocoder programs.

I guess the main difference is the ability to store samples for later use and play back up to 4 samples at a time. If your main use will only be to manipulate incoming audio on the fly then the KP3 will do. If you need to be able to store some loops for beatmatching in your dj set or for playing back some loops on stage then you need the KP3.

You can create some interesting grooves with a KP3 and 4 loops to trigger at will. Just search for KP3 videos on youtube.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: