Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mic Preamps Quality?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Mic Preamps Quality? Reply with quote

I just got my O88 last week and am trying to assimilate as much knowledge as possible. Just joined the forum here 2 hours ago.

I used the search string "mic preamps" to see if there has been past discussion on the quality of the mic preamps provided in the O and did not get a meaningful hit.

Has anyone used them for mic input and have anything to say about their quality?

I haven't tried to record audio yet, but thought that when I'm laying down vocals with my large diaphram condensers, I'd use my DMP preamp instead of the internals. Question

Last edited by kenackr on Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TagPass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a little bit of live sampling through the mic inputs, using some fairly low-end mics mind you (BLUE 8-Ball and AT2020), and found the preamps low-noise and uncolored, with plenty of gain available for my voice and other assorted household noises. I've not attempted to record guitar or good quality vocals through them yet, but what I was putting in was what I was getting out, and I'd have no problem using them for a "professional" project. Of course, I say that from the perspective of not being one of those pre-amp "snobs" that post on various other pro-audio forums Smile I just go with what I can realistically hear, and in this case, they certainly sound fine. They're not Graces, but neither are they Audio Buddys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: