Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fully loaded RAM slots = noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither factory reset or OS flash worked - guess Ill bug tech assistance
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmrr- Hello! I'm probably one of the more inconsistent members ever, however I do frequent often. I'm very sorry you are having the same problem as myself and a few others. I'll spare you (and everyone else) repeated material as I've exhausted myself over this issue. Perhaps you've already checked the links per JohnnyAardvark. I'm glad to have contributed. Believe me, you are not crazy!! If you find anything to help with this, I would be glad to hear from you.
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Another Extreme User Reports Crackling with 96mb RAM Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I feel like I should report in. I've been hesitant to upgrade the RAM in my Extreme, after reading about the popping artifacts that can occur.

I finally went for a 96mb set from FournierSean on ebay, and popped them in this morning. I tried the three patches that were referenced as having problems, and sure enough-- there is clicking in the lower registers on one orchestral combi that was mentioned. I haven't had time to really explore much, but I did just notice that there is also clicking in one of the harp (hit) combis.

The RAM works flawlessly for sampling, by the way, which is what I mostly use the Triton for. But regardless... this is annoying, for a machine that I've invested so much into. It seems likely that all Triton Extremes will gain some artifacts when upgrading the RAM. Sad, but true. Thank god my MOSS programs are not affected. Surprised)

If anyone out there has an Extreme with 96mb RAM, and is certain that they've gained no artifacts on their ROM sounds-- please, speak up!

Best,
Jake
pagey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read through the posts twice to make sure I'm not missing something.
I have 96MB of Sample Ram and can't hear any clicking. I've even taken sticks out and listened to again and can't hear any difference.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagey,

Thanks for the reply. How long have you had the RAM upgrade? I'm also curious how old your Extreme is (mine is only a year). Maybe even send your serial number, if you care to!

To everyone else who has noticed aritfacts, I have a new question: Could the popping be related to any ROM chip in particular (out of ROM, Piano, New1, New2, etc...)?

This issue is annoying, but also kind of fascinating.

Best,
Jake
pagey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

001537 is the serial number

I've had it 6 months but it was second hand from Ebay so no idea how old it really is although I do know the previous owner brought it new and never used it. The manuals had not even had the pages turned!

I upgraded the RAM about 3 weeks ago when the final 32mb chip came all the way from Sweden courtesy of Asena who kindly posted them too me free of charge.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my own serial number-- 0012295. I would assume this means your Extreme was produced about 10,000 units before mine.

I wonder if this could be a factor?
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not that or he is very very lucky man! Many Tritons have this kind of problem!! I also had the same problem using the piano sound of the Exb08 with my old Triton Classic and 64mb of sampling memory!! It's a hardware conflict.

Regards,
Dimitris
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could talk out the problem and solution in time. Jerry, I hope you are monitoring. I miss your occasional and spontaneous replies! A very busy man. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: