Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 Syn9 (noise synth): Eliminating stereo delay effect?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dezai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: KP3 Syn9 (noise synth): Eliminating stereo delay effect? Reply with quote

I love the KP3's Noise Synth (Syn9 patch), but don't like the delay effect built into the program. Is there any way to get rid of it? "[Shift] + Fader" does nothing.

As a workaround, I tried setting up my KP3's external control mode to control my Radias, such that touching the KP3 pad triggers a note on, thereby triggering white noise in the Radias. I also have the KP3's x-axis controlling filter cutoff, etc... However, the KP3's pad touch (momentary) sometimes gets "latched" when I am doing complex moves on the pad and the Radias becomes "stuck" making constant white noise (instead of making noise only when KP3 is touched). I know I have the system set up correctly, as it works okay when I am doing slow and steady moves, but it's definitely not reliable due to the aforementioned "latching."

Anyone have a similar experience? Does the pad touch (momentary) feature work perfectly for you?
Scab Righteous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was messing around with my new KP3 and that was one of the first strange things I noticed.

Why, why oh why would they put a delay on every synth patch?

There is no need to - If you want to have that, then just leave it like the other programs where the delay is added on fade out set with the effects release. Then people could add delay if they wanted it, or not add it if they don't want it.

This was likely a bug that crept in when they added the effect release feature. I would love that one fixed, because right now those synth patches are just too inflexible for a lot of uses.

In general I'm surprised that for a box that is so reliant on temp synched delays, that there are not more simple delay options. I know that most delay patches are set up with the idea that you change the delay time by messing with the pad, but often you just want to hear triplets, or quarternote delays, and perhaps have the pad control feedback and warble or other features found on delays.

That's my dream update - have a set of programs where you can choose delay rhythms, and have something other than delay time set up on the pad. It would make it easier to add the same kind of delay again and again consistently.

Scott
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scab Righteous wrote:
I was messing around with my new KP3 and that was one of the first strange things I noticed.

Why, why oh why would they put a delay on every synth patch?

There is no need to - If you want to have that, then just leave it like the other programs where the delay is added on fade out set with the effects release. Then people could add delay if they wanted it, or not add it if they don't want it.

This was likely a bug that crept in when they added the effect release feature. I would love that one fixed, because right now those synth patches are just too inflexible for a lot of uses.

In general I'm surprised that for a box that is so reliant on temp synched delays, that there are not more simple delay options. I know that most delay patches are set up with the idea that you change the delay time by messing with the pad, but often you just want to hear triplets, or quarternote delays, and perhaps have the pad control feedback and warble or other features found on delays.

That's my dream update - have a set of programs where you can choose delay rhythms, and have something other than delay time set up on the pad. It would make it easier to add the same kind of delay again and again consistently.

Scott

You might see this as a bug but it might explain the bug/feature you do like:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31871

just a thought!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: