Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero8 bad batch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnXVI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero8 bad batch? Reply with quote

I talked to a Korg dealer today, and he explained that Korg would replace any mixers with the hissing issue and that they believe most of those bad mixers are out of the market now. I'm fixing to buy a new mixer shortly and I'm doing my research. How many of you have this problem, and have you try to exchange it? Have you gotten a Zero8 recently that does not have this problem? Thanks.
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the hissing issue. I contacted Korg about this previously and they told me to return it or repair. But I know someone here returned their mixer for a new one, and it still had the hiss. So I was reluctant to return mine until I know the issue has been solved.

I may contact Korg again.
jurij.es.a.szakkor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Zero8 bad batch? Reply with quote

JohnXVI wrote:
How many of you have this problem, and have you try to exchange it?

same issue over here (hiss+meter), we're waiting for the official statement.
it make no sense to exchange for yet another unit which reporduce the same issues.
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im talking with korg and there is no official word yet, ill let you know when i know
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had two mixers with same hiss, serial 300 then 600

now i have a headphone clicking on the headphone out put at 12:00 position, annoying

but korg will take care of us.. just waiting for official words...
automatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same hiss issue with my zero8 serial 9xx and the same problem i hear in one other zero serial 3xx
JohnXVI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I better wait till this cloud disappears... how bad is the hiss?
boya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Need Japan contact info Reply with quote

Wow, I don't know why I continue to buy Korg products.

I am an American living in Shanghai, China...

Quick background: I bought the Legacy collection before they had a Universal Mac version. Once it was released there were lots of problems registering and getting the software as I had to order a dongle overseas, and a badly designed registration system from Korg. Treated badly by support from the beginning. Believe me, I wasn't hostile in the beginning, support was really bad.

Later, in August, before I went to Japan on a trip, I emailed KorgUSA support for information on the mixer, and contact info on release dates or distributors in Japan. They told me to contact Japan. Fine. Please give me a number, or email of who to contact that would speak English. They said they didn't have to, then ignored me. I had to raise a stink to get the information.

Well, my Zero8 has problems and I emailed KorgUSA to get information on who I should contact to get the mixer repaired or replaced in Japan, and what the information they have on the problem:

And they just said, since I bought the mixer in Japan, contact Japan, and only gave me the website.

This is unbelievable. KorgUSA support cannot even give me a number or email to chase this up myself? I suppose I can be a real pain in the butt and try to escalate the problem, but it would be simple if one of you can please share any Korg Japan contact info you have. I'll be going to Japan in Feb. and need to contact them earlier as I don't speak Japanese and will have to find someone in Korg Japan that speaks English to help with a repair or replacement.

Any info you all have would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Boya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: