Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling problems - Triton ProX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyldkat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Sampling problems - Triton ProX Reply with quote

I really could use some help from someone familiar with sampling on the ProX.

After recording the sample ok, on playback. the sample sounds slightly out of phase, and with a "popping or cracking" sound is heard along with the highest notes or words.
I have tried changing leads, mics, and even inputting direct thru a minidisc player all with the same results. Have also adjusted the recording frequency, as well as adjusting input levels, all to no avail.

If amyone has any suggestions, I would be most indebted to u.
thanks, Kat
Confused [/b]
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Well, try to post that question on the "Triton Classic" section of that forum...
Maybe you can find some detailed help.
Lorenzo is a master on sampling with the Triton.

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing master? ih ih ih Laughing
there are two things I can think about the problem:
1 bad looping point (but this doesn't explain the out of phase problem)
2 I had the exb08 with some bad ram module installed too and the rom sounds of the exb sounds with pop and crackle in the last octave of the triton... I had to remove the ram to make the sound play in the right way... but I thought this was just a ram problem affecting the exb and not the playback of ram samples.

can you post an mp3 with a sample of the problem? maybe three or four notes from the whole keyboard...

Regards, Lorenzo
wyldkat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Probs with Sampling Reply with quote

Hiya Lorenza - aka Master ..... I will endeavor to get an mp3 file to you in the next couple of days, the Triton is set up in my other half's studio, but will be over there in the next day or so.

Its a real pain, as it is almost playing back out of phase, with every accentuated note being affected - thought it was also the analogue to digital convertor, or even a crossover problem. Not sure of the ram module would be the problem, as I dont have a problem with any other application (ie sequencer).

Thanks, will get back 2 u with that mp3 shortly,

Thanks, Kat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: