Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REAPER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: REAPER Reply with quote

Yoh !
Been looking for some software applications to use with my pc/synth and my new synths to come (most likelly a RADIAS and M3).

The software i need have to be able to record stereo audio as well as MIDI-tracks. Preferably from two synths at the same time (not sure how to do that yet).

It also need to have that VST-support needed with korg synths.

Then i found this software REAPER (http://www.reaper.fm/).
Seems like a nice program for a few bucks.

What do you guys have to say about this software? Will it do?
Is it any good?
plus and minus?
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is great for $40. I love its really transparent approach to audio routing. MIDI has evolved considerably, though certainly not yet at the Sonar/Cubase level. Plugin hosting is generally excellent.

It sometimes feels unconventional to me, but keep in mind that to me, "unconventional" is synonymous with "not like Cakewalk." Try the unrestricted demo for a good long while. Look in on the forums at cockos.com. IMO, REAPER is a very serious contender.

While I haven't used it a lot yet, the developer has apparently been very responsive to bug reports and feature requests so far, and there are some very good tutorials floating around. Nice to have no-restrictions shareware too. Gives you a chance to check it out first.
khol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi silverdragonsound,
Thanks for your input.

My picture of REAPER is very much like yours. I think we can enjoy some new unique features in REAPER in a near future. Not that i know anything about it tho..

I like the pay-method to. Its a non limited shareware. Pay $50 after 30 days if you're gonna use it personally and $225 if you're going professional. I like that "step" thinking. And i think it actually makes people pay. A tleast the $50, i will sertainly do !

I joined the reaper forum (http://www.cockos.com/forum) and you're absolutelly right. The programmers are there, reading and taking inputs. This is the way a program should be developed.

One thing i have noticed also is that REAPER seem to have low software-latency as well. Not that it matters more than good hardware, but they really seem to have succeded to knit a nice tight code.

Hav'nt seen any reports on KORG vs. REAPER yet tho. Would be really nice if someone here on korgforum could download and install REAPER (Hey, its only 3,1 freaking megabytes so even you modemers can download) and try out all this software bundled with Korg M3 etc. The VST-stuff etc.

/K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: