Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamantVision

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Two questions Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I have two unrelated questions about the M3:

The first is, when I brought my M3 in from my car after driving it home from school, there were a couple of keys I discovered were not making any sound. After panicking for a minute or so, they eventually came back to life and haven't given me any trouble since then. My only thought was that it was pretty cold in my trunk: would that have any affect on that sort of thing?

The second question is, excepting Stephen Kay's video tutorials and the like, is there any extensive documentation on programming the M3 on the internet anywhere? It seems things like that for Korg synths are few and far between, in my experience.
lcmorley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't comment on the trunk thing.

As regards tutorials, try the Sudosonic web site.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply with quote

AdamantVision wrote:

The first is, when I brought my M3 in from my car after driving it home from school, there were a couple of keys I discovered were not making any sound. After panicking for a minute or so, they eventually came back to life and haven't given me any trouble since then. My only thought was that it was pretty cold in my trunk: would that have any affect on that sort of thing?

yep, your M3 wants to move to California.
Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply with quote

AdamantVision wrote:

yep, your M3 wants to move to California.
Very Happy
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions Reply with quote

AdamantVision wrote:

If you are concerned at all about it, I would suggest contacting Korg product support.
http://www.korg.com/service/contactus.asp

Also, make sure and register your M3 at the Korg USA online Product Registration wepage. This extends your product warranty to two years. If there is some type of defect, it will show itself within two years.
http://www.korg.com/productRegistration/productRegistration_form1.asp

There is a good chance your problem was due to cold temperatures, which can impact electronics. One way to test this would be your reverse trip back to school. After you return to school, let the keyboard warm up to room temperature before you power it on. If everything works as expected, it was the cold exposure.

AdamantVision wrote:
The second question is, excepting Stephen Kay's video tutorials and the like, is there any extensive documentation on programming the M3 on the internet anywhere? It seems things like that for Korg synths are few and far between, in my experience.

As first step I would recomend reading the Operations Guide "cover to cover". Try reading for 15 minutes each day. After a month you will have made it through and will have gained a good foundation. After that, spend 30 minutes with the Parameter Guide, studying the Table of Contents structure and skimming the Index. The Parameter Guide is intended as a reference to use when you want to understand each parameter (and associated values) on each screen.

Finally, you might enjoy the Sudsonic M3 DVD tutorial set. I haven't reviewed this specific title but the author (Paul Duffey) has been creating videos back to the original Triton series:
http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-42/Korg-M3-Video-Tutorial/Detail

Just FYI, for some strange reason Paul sells these videos CHEAPER on eBay than his own website:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320202265912
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: