Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chord recognition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keys

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: chord recognition Reply with quote

Hi, I am a person who has used synths before but the keyboard type I have been using recently is an arranger type. I am getting tired of the repetitiveness so I am looking to change to the M3 which I hope can re-inject some new life into the songs I am playing. These questions have probably been asked, but I looked through the search results with not much success.
1.Can the M3 recognise chords played on the keyboard and then automatically change them in a combi whilst you are playing live?
2.Is it possible to play SMF files, providing they are setup with correct patch data?
3.Is it possible to set-up "play lists"?
4.(this should probably be Q2) can you set up various variations including fills and endings to play a "live" song in a like manner to an arranger board?
5.When you are playing a song can you a) send data out a seperate midi channel to drive, say, a vocal harmoniser unit and/or b) send it from a pre-recorded MIDI track whilst playing a MIDI file from an external source?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am looking to add the M3 module to my existing arranger, but if it can do the things mentioned above, I might look to selling off that and getting a proper arranger board with weighted keys.
Cheers
Dennis
keys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
Voltan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. yes, it can be done with Karma
2. yes
3. I think there's a feature like that, haven't tried it though
4. this one's not that simple... it's been discussed a bit here: http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10813 (look at the links in Stephen Kay's posts too)
keys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Voltan I will check out that link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: