Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you upgraded your operating system version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackasspenguin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Have you upgraded your operating system version? Reply with quote

Well, one day I was surfing Korg and found a download to update the Operating system version to 1.0.5. My TE was working fine and I was using it in my band and having lots of fun with it. Until Now! I went through the proceedures to do this and now the machine is locked up. I formatted my CF Card in a 76 key TE at Guitar Center, took the card back home, put the 6 files on and still I'm getting a check sum error and that's it. Nothing. Of course Korgs tech support was absolutely no help whatsoever. They should just state on there site that if you have any problems with your gear, take to a cervice center and pay someone to fix it. That's terrible support! That's exacly why I don't have a Motif! Yamaha tech support is crap as well. Certainly there is someone in this forum who may have entountered this problem. Maybe not. How is the operating system saved to the machine? Does it use an eprom? I have an electronics degree. I used to repair pro audio for a living. Since I can't seem to find a service manual or even buy one from Korg I don't know where to start.

I'm really sick of dealing with this. I'm about ready to get rid of this thing and Korg all together. If anyone can help or have any suggestions that would be great. The alternative is taking it in the a service center and not having it for 3 months or more. This is rediculous! Thanks
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you have to pay to have it repaired - all Triton Extremes are covered under a 1 year warranty, and 2 years if you register on their site. I would think that an issue like that would be covered under warranty, and you could just take it into a service center and wouldn't have to pay.
jackasspenguin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: No kind suggestion giver, it's not under warranty Reply with quote

I sure am glad I have all these people here to help solve all my problems.
I bought this unit used, I've had it for 2 years! I'm pretty sure it's not under warranty! Never the less! even if it was! I'd still like to deal with this without having it gone for 3 months or more. This machine isn't broken~ I just have to deal with the stupid crap that should be resolved easily by Korg! That's cool though! I'm going to take my CF card with the files on it and walk into every Guitar Center in Town and and update every Triton Extreme I can get my hands on. At least the first one I do it to and it works, I'll no there may be something wrong with my unit. I'm pretty sure it isn't! But when it doesn't I'll know that A- there is something wrong with the card or B- there is something wrong with the files. That's the easiest thing I can try! Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'm just trying to not get screwed on this deal and getting absolutely no help from the people who are supposed to support it. It' like they don't really give a s**t whether it works or not! Oh just take it across town to the our service center and let them deal with it.

When I get it fixed I'm selling it and I'm never buying another Korg instrument ever again!

Oh, by the way! It took them 2 Weeks to reply to my email to Korg Support! Now thats f*ck*ng service for ya! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
KrzysiekK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: No kind suggestion giver, it's not under warranty Reply with quote

All I can say is that now I am affraid to mess up with my TEX OS (which is 1.0.2). Wish you good luck. Plase inform about the results. I don't know which version you try to upgrade from but if you have a suspicion about files, then why not try to load older OS version, just for check? (like 1.0.3).

Best regards,
Krzysiek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: