Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 screen resolution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zedius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: KP3 screen resolution Reply with quote

Hi, everyone.

I got a kp3 yesterday, upgraded the OS etc, and there's a couple things I want to do that I suspect could be possible, but the manual's pretty minimal.

Is it possible to adjust the screen resolution so that each square represents 1 or 2 changes instead of 4 or 5? This would improve control immensely, and make the synths and vocoder effects more useful.

Is it possible to cut the beginning or end of a sample with just the kaoss pad? Some of the effects allow me to set the end point, but it would be cool if a portion before a point could be cut as well.

Anyone else have any problems with clicks when resampling loops? Any advice there?

Thanks for whatever help you can offer. I'll return the favor at the first opportunity. If you could point me to a more in depth resource than the manual, that would be nice too.
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of KP3 ownership!

I don't think that there is anyway of changing the resolution.

If the section of the sample that you want to cut happens to fall within a 'slice' it should be easy enough. Check out page 14 of the manual.
Zedius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe that's a shame. I'm gonna put it on the list for 2.5! I mean, I imagine with some immense amount of practise I would be able to pick out distinct notes with the synth or vocoder, but it would still be pretty sketchy.

And yah, the slicing thing is pretty good.
sven gali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: KP3 screen resolution Reply with quote

Zedius wrote:
Is it possible to adjust the screen resolution so that each square represents 1 or 2 changes instead of 4 or 5? This would improve control immensely, and make the synths and vocoder effects more useful.

I think this depends on the selected program, the digitizer obviously has a higher physical resolution than the number of LEDs underneath but some programs only use resolution that corresponds to LEDs on a one-to-one basis. The first one to come to mind is DR01, as well as sample manipulators.
Zedius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed some are more usable than others. But it's so frustrating. It's impossible to play anything consistent on the synth. Even when I think I am tapping the same spot there is always variation in pitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: