Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIMM Card slot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baxuz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: SIMM Card slot Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Triton LE and wanted to upgrade my RAM to 64MB.
I bought the memory and got it today and found out that one of the card slots has one bent pin and I can't insert the card into that slot.
What are my options here? Can the slot be replaced? I tried bending the pin back but I don't think its possible. Also one of the plastic tabs on the end that holds the RAM in place is broken, so even if I fix the pin it still won't stay in place. Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!
Fatalmasterpiece

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to fix it yourself with a little knowhow or take it to a electronics repair store. Have any good photos close up of the broken pieces?
baxuz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried taking pictures but its really hard to see anything. I called an electronics store they said it would be like $70-80 to fix it. What would it take for me to replace the SIMM slot. I'm not too familiar with the process. But, seems like a little soldering should do the trick. The pin is bent way too much and I don't think I would be able to repair it. Someone was trying to jam it down real hard.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long ago did you buy this triton LE? Korg offers a limited warranty on it for 1 year, and 2 if you've registered on their site. They have a list of authorized Service Centers. When i took my Karma in to be repaired after the power adapter stopped working a few years ago, they fixed it with no charge. Check out their list of Service Centers on Korg.com
baxuz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just bought it recently but it was use. i got it over ebay so no warranty
baxuz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else has experience with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: