Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie - Sampling Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiss Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Newbie - Sampling Question Reply with quote

I am new to the keyboard game, having first purchased a Triton LE-88 (which ultimately proved to big to lug to gigs) and now turning to the M3-61. I feel like an 18 year old trying to drive a Ferrari, but might as well start with the best. I'd like to sample the intros for Won't Get Fooled Again and Baba O'Reilly but frankly have no idea where to start. Any direction would be most appreciated. Thanks!
The Phantom Band

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: I Know Reply with quote

If the M3 is like the Triton Series then you are able to plug a standalone cd player via USB and specify where you want the start and endpoint for the sample. Check your manual for more info as I do not have the manual in front of me now.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load those songs in any audio editor, even free ones will do the work (Audacity for example), chop everything but intros and save as new files, in wave, at 48 kHz and 16 bit (max M3 can support).
Then load those two files to some USB drive, connect drive to M3 and load files from USB drive to RAM.
Then in sampling mode go to samples and assign those two samples to separate multisamples, to some key in the bottom or upper part of keyboard (you don't want them to get in the way).
After that, save as .KSC.

Now, assign those multisamples to programs and programs to combis, with sounds you will actually play.

That's the basic.

Regards,

shrike
The Phantom Band

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: The Operator's Guide Pg 321 Reply with quote

Find the page in the Operator's Guide. It will be on page 321. There it will explain everything. If you do not have a OG then you can find it on korg.com
by clicking on 'Info Central' then clicking on 'Support.' Select the M3 for the info you need then download the M3 OG as a PDFile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: