Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3M Case Report - SKB-C3209 NOT an optimal choice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cotler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: M3M Case Report - SKB-C3209 NOT an optimal choice Reply with quote

I got the SKB-C3209 case for my M3M. The specs made it sound like a very good fit. Well, this cheaply made, $120 USD case arrived today.

I couldn't shut the lid the way it shipped, or at least was unwilling to force this down and risk snapping any faders.

I ripped one of the layers of foam in the lid out and stuck the surviving top foam layer to the adhesive left in the lid. That solved the problem closing the lid, snug but not requiring brute force.

With the foam thined out there was an issue with the module sliding to either end of the case. I HATE sticking stuff on to my equipment, but I fastened a couple of small velcro adhesive squares to the bottom of the M3M. That stops the sliding, but makes it a pain in the rear pulling it apart from the bottom velcro/foam insert.

Be forwarned, this case is NOT an optimal solution for the M3M. I suppose if I wasn't so bull headed or stupid I could have shipped it back for a refund. But prefering a cruddy case solution to moving the M3M around without ANY case, I didn't. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: