Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch Shift on Triton?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Pitch Shift on Triton? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just realized that the sampler mode of the Triton has no dedicated pitch shift function. Any work around? Pitch shifting is in some ways the opposite of timestretching, which is of course included.

Any insight?

Thanks,
Jake
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convert the sample to a program.
In the program mode, you can assign pitch parameters.
elevated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritex,

Thanks for the response. You definitely can change the pitch in program mode, but what about doing so without changing the tempo/length of the sample?

I should have been more clear-- by Pitch Shift I meant changing the pitch of a sample while keeping the original length and tempo. I used to do this with Soundforge, it uses an algorithm similar to how time stretch works without changing the pitch.

I'm thinking maybe I could jot down the original length of the sample, pitch it up as desired, and then time stretch back to the original length.

Anyone else have experience here?

Thanks,
Jake
jojo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just told you how.

You question our expertise? Laughing

Simply use the drop-down menu to select convert Mono to Stereo if it's not already, and then select Convert MS to Program.

As it's a sample (and this would be true of the ones from the ROM even), loading it into a program slot will not alter the tempo or length of the sample. Then I'd just use the Pitch Shifter insert effect or alter the the program parameters (filters, etc) themselves.

Your original sample will remain in tact, as all you're altering is program parameters.

Else, just load it into an external DAW like Logic. ANY serious splice-happy producer uses it. BT, for example.

http://www.btmusic.com

Very Happy

"How do you spell a good instrument? K O R G!"
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, i dont think there is any way to do that on the Extreme, unless you take the original sample to Soundforge or Adobe Audition and make Pitch-shifted copies, and assign each one to a key. Unfortunately, this will take a lot of sample memory up, but it is your only choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: