Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero8 & Ableton Live 7 - Drivers and troubleshootin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero8 & Ableton Live 7 - Drivers and troubleshootin Reply with quote

please please please can someone help me?!?!?!

i have just purchased a korg zero8 and ableton live 7 but cannot get the pproducts to work together. i have downloaded the drivers for the software but to no avail.

ableton is recognising the mixer but when the fader is moved up so that sound shold be coming through the speakers nothing is happening yet ableton is recognising it.

can anyone help me?

thanks!!
Ryan Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleeeeeeeeeease help me!!
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan,

I am not at home right now, but I can try to give you a procedure to follow from memory. When I get back on Friday, I'll be able to open up Ableton and check to make sure I was correct.

You must first go into Ableton preferences and goto the Audio tab. In Audio, you must select ASIO driver (for PC) and then select Korg Zero 8 as your device.

Next, you need to set your inputs and outputs. Click on the Inputs button and select which channel, if any, you would like to use as inputs for external sources. (ie turntables, cd players, etc....) Then go to the Outputs and select which channels you want for Outs.

Next goto the MIDI tab in Ableton Prefs. In MIDI, you will see three Korg MIDI devices, labelled # 1, 2 and 3. You must click all three boxes for Korg MIDI 2 so they are highlighted green. This will activate the MIDI functions for your Korg.

Close the prefs.

Now you must assign your outputs in the Ableton mixer. Before you assign your outputs, you must make a decision about how you prefer to mix. Do you want to mix in hardware or software? Hardware mixing means you will use Ableton to play individual audio tracks into the channel on the mixer, but allow the mixer to handle mixing the signals. Or you can mix inside Ableton, and just use the mixer as a MIDI controller.

To mix in Hardware, you will need to click on the Outputs for each track in Ableton and assign the output to a channel on the Korg.

To mix in Software, you will leave each track in Ableton outputting to the Ableton Master, and then go to the master channel and assign the output to a channel on the Korg.

Last, you will want to set a headphone cue. Assign the output for headphones to a different channel on the Korg from the Master.

That's pretty much it. Let us know if that helps. I can try to help more on the weekend.
Ryan Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for your help. it is much appreciated. i will turn on the mac n the korg now and see how i go on!

will be in touch with the results!

thanks again!

Smile
Ryan Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey!!

jst got some output from the korg! YES!!

just another problem though, for some reason my chanel no.4 is receiving output and whenever i change it to audio on the mixer, for instance line the output from the speakers only plays from the right hand side??? puzzling, if anyone knows why this is happening it would be gratefull. ill keep tinkering.......
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the pan on your Korg. There is also a pan on Ableton. Check that too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: