Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to tell difference between wavestation and ex version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmolive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: how to tell difference between wavestation and ex version Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 1 owner mint wavestation and a book. The book isn't the original manual but its written about the wavetation (for korg dealers). anyway there is an EX on the wavestation on the top by the name wavestation but nowhere else and my question is this

did wavestation ex ' s have any labels saying it was an ex elsewhere like on the back?

Can you tell by the serial number? Model on the plate says WS1

in the book it refers to ROM sounds that aren't on my wavestation and the book was written for the non-ex version

just trying to figure out if its a wavestation with a sticker somebody put on it or if its a real wavestation ex

thank you
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the Boot up screen says so,I can't recall now as I've sold my EX,but there are couple of things you can check to see if its the EX,the EX upgrade added more PCM samples the standard was number was 365,

So edit a program and see if you can access past Sample No 365,i think the EX had in excess of 430 samples or so or you can check the FX Programs too as the EX had an additonal 8 efx added,Look for "Small Vocoder or "Stereo Vocoder Delay"If you have these FX its the EX version.

The Serial/Model Plate will only say WS1 because I think the EX was an after sales upgrade or so,the only thing you can go buy if your not the original owner from the EX upgrade is to the EX silver lettering but I would have thought the Boot up screen may have added the "EX on it,not sure...but check your ROM data and FX,this will tell you ..
palmolive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: thanks - I took your info Reply with quote

turns out there are way more than 365 sounds on the pcm there is over 500! and I do have those filters you mentioned so I do believe it is in fact a Wavestation EX. I'll have to look at the boot up screen more carefully and see what it says Very Happy

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: