Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KLC-1 and Intel mac question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: KLC-1 and Intel mac question... Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to sort this thing out!!! I have the original KLC with the challenge/response protection, and also the KLC-AE2007 with the syncrosoft key. I just bought a new Intel Mac so i lost the Wavestation plug-in of the original KLC in the process. Does the 15$, 1.2 version upgrade will bring back my dearest WS as an AU plug-in or is it just an RTAS update? And does that version conflicts with a KLC-AE2007 already installed on the computer since there's already a MS-20 and PolySix installed? The info on KorgUser.net is not very specific on all this, so anybody with some experience on moving from a PowerPC to Intel Mac who would like to shed some light on this for me? It would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blink
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the KLC Users FAQ
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/support/faq.asp?faq=1#6

Q6: What are differences between KORG Legacy Collection (KLC-1) v1.2 and previous versions
A6: Version 1.2 offers compatibility with Intel-based Macs [Mac]

To me, this implies the entire KLC-1 would then be compatible with an Intel Mac.

One question for you: are you sure you did not already buy a license for 1.2? When I look at the Korg User Net shop, there are two options:
1. $99 upgrade to AE2007: prerequisite is KLC 1.2 (which is the $15 upgrade that requires a dongle)
2. $114 combined KLC1.2 upgrade + AE2007 Upgrade

Did you pay $99 or $114? I am surprised it was even possible for you to buy the $99 without already upgrading to v1.2 (the $15 upgrade).

Bottom line, from what I can tell (I use a PC), upgrading KLC-1 to v1.2 will make ALL of the KLC-1 apps IntelMac compatible.

Just FYI, Korg effectively switched the WS plugin out of the KLC analog into the KLC-DE. If you were to buy KLC-AE2007 in a retail box, it would not include WS. WS v1.5 is now in KLC-DE (there is now an update to WS 1.6).

Since you already own KLC-1, in the U.S. you can add the KLC-DE product for only $99 at the Korg USA Webstore (Software section)
http://www.korgusa.com/korgusa/items.asp?CartId={D4328136EVEREST-8274-4D6C-A5CC-7C519CF1D7D1}&Cc=Software&Bc=

I was an original KLC-1 owner, and I added both the AE2007 and the KLC-DE

Finally, at least on the PC, as long as you specify the main installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Korg) all of the associated plugins (whether from KLC1.2 or KLC-AE2007) are stored in the same location. You just need to make sure that you end up installing the most current versions last. You can specify which apps to install as part of the installer. For example, if you already installed all the apps with the KLC-AE2007 installer, you don't need to install the same apps with v1.2 (just the WS).
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the thorough explanation. I bought the AE-2007 as retail box in a music store, impulse purchase you could say!! And it was less complicated as the store didn't keep any syncrosoft key in stock. So, if i bought the download upgrade, i would have been waiting a week or so before they get the key. Unfortunately, i'm no US citizen, just the upnorth neighbor(Canada)!!! I don't recall Korg Canada having done any promo for existing customers. Maybe i missed it. Anyway, the box was 179$, so no big deal.

So, it seems i can have my WS back with the 1.2 update. That's great news as i don't need the M1 at all. It's a great bargain but i already have a couple of plug-ins i bought and never use anymore(LinPlug Alpha!!). And i lost my FM7 and Pro-53 in the Intel migration. Those are paid update also, so it adds up fast!!

Thanks again for the explanations, Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: