Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity VS Kurzweil K2500

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DANIELL_78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Trinity VS Kurzweil K2500 Reply with quote

Hi folks.

I have the opportunity to change my Trrinity for a K2500 more 400 DLLs. The problem is that I never played one.
Someone of you has played this keyboard?
It Suitable for me to change my Trinity for this keyboard?
Regards
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no.

Yes because the K is a wonderful machine if you're into synthesis and programming your own patches. No because a stock Trinity sounds better than a stock K.
philip

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: !!! Reply with quote

I have both/

they are pretty different instruments, but i think itll be a good deal for u. As a matter of fact u need to listen 2500 and than make a decision yourself
DANIELL_78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI AGAIN.

I know that the decission will be mine. I just want to know some's a opinions about the K2500.

Regards
EddyDeegan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DANIELL_78 wrote:
HI AGAIN.

I know that the decission will be mine. I just want to know some's a opinions about the K2500.

Regards

I have both.

Here are some notes on the K2500.

I prefer the sound of the K2500 to the Trinity for many things. The K2500 has a 'warmth' to the sound which is almost analogue sometimes.

The K2500 has limited memory, and I wouldn't want to use the sequencer for anything. Also, what memory there is in the K2500 is shared between patches and sequencer events.

Physical keyboard on the K2500 is nicer. Better 'feel' to it than the (non-88 note) Trinity models.

Given a choice between the two, I'd probably go for the K2500 but only because I use the sequencer on my Yamaha Motif ES to do recording. If I only had a single workstation and it was a Trinity I would not swap it for a K2500 wthout haviing an alternative sequencer.

K2500 is expandable with various ROM boards (mine has 2 or 3 in it). It is also possible to install a KDFX board in the Kurzweil which adds more effects and sync's some of them with MIDI. I can't comment on that, because although I have a KDFX board, it is not yet installed.

One really nice thing about the K2500 is that when you change patches, the sustain from any patches you are currently playing is not cut off, so you can blend together many layers using the sustain pedal and holding notes etc. while changing patches. Nice.

From an audio perspective, I think the K2500 is more 'special' than the Trinity. I prefer the organic/analogue-ness of the Kurzweil, although it is a lot harder to use than the Trinity.

Eddy Deegan
DANIELL_78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.

I really wanted to have the opportunity of to play the K2500 but the interchange is for Internet and for this will not be possible. It is because of it that his opinion me is very valuable.
At some time I committed the mistake of buying a Triton Extreme without played it before. I lowered a few demos of the page KORG.COM and a sound of guitar made me to him really spectacular ... what I never read is that this "spectacular" guitar was an sample. Returning to the topic, of the persons who have helped me here and who have one K2500, it would be possible that they send me a demo in MP3 of someone of his works in which they handle digital E.P., strings and hard drums?
I saw in the page Kurzweil some demos of k2600 but not that so many difference exists with k2500. They shows the EPs type Rhodes and Wuirly more not EP Digitals.

Not if I am asking too much, but I am really grateful to them.

(sorry my english). Regards from Mexico Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: