Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Hiss problem Continues months and months go by..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modaroho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Korg Hiss problem Continues months and months go by.. Reply with quote

Hey James, Splurt etc etc what eva.
Listen up.
Maybe us writing isn't doing a damn thing to help maybe we should all be entitled to refunds from Korg USA/ JAPAN what ever you decide because nobody forked out their hard earned cash to get a hiss problem on their mixers ....Korg them selfs should give the people a reimbursement like apple did when their iphones went down in price ...i mean something......cmon KORG get it together there should be more information on their official website which if I may add is also not the greatest for such a large company korg is. The information should be informing everyone that they are going to fix the hiss issue and fast!!!! what the hell cmon. this is some real gangster stuff korg pulled.. any how I chose the korg zero4 over the allen and heath 92 and the new makie because I belived in KORG what the heck happened
Im not against KORG because I think the produxt is AWSOME!! but someone sitting behind their desk needs to get fired and be replaced with someone who will help KORG earn their integrity in the World DJ / Production community. WHY CANT KORG FIX THIS FAST!!! !!!
HURRY UP and people stop talking about petty problems.
PEOPLE - YES THEIR IS A HISS PROBLEM ON THE KORG ZERO 4 AND 8 THE ONLY WAY TO GET AROUND IT RIGHT NOW IS TO MICKEY MOUSE YOUR SET UP UNTIL KORG DECIDES TO DO SOMETHING. UNTIL THEN JUST SIT AND WAIT.

Sitting in the Waiting room,
MR
splurt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty disappointing situation.. hopefully korg will do something to make it worthwhile...
splurt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really its amazing how bad this hiss is, and how unuseable this mixer is, if korg wasnt so cool, id be all over youtube dissing this mixer, i hope korg finds out whos responsible for this and they get fired

i cant belive future music gave this mixer such a high rating

honestly its unuseable , at this stage, its a piece of crap, cause its so unreliable

i need fidelity..

this thing has extreme hiss

i simply cannot understand how korg could sell this thing?
euklid.fox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahrrrrrrrr yes give us back our money or make free repairs Mad
galloween

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if someone can record the hiss/noise and post a short mp3 on the forum. Like 5 seconds of all volumes down so we can hear the hiss and then 5 seconds of music at normal volume so we can compare signal to noise...
or something like this?
anybody?
I'd particularly like to hear such recording of Zero4, as its the one Im looking forward to buy (but waiting till Korg fixes the bugs).

On another note, Mackie promised their very nice "d.4 pro" (4 channel firewire mixer) long ago, but its still not out yet as far as I can tell - so id buy whatever comes first - fixed zero4 our the mackie when its out....

lets hear the hisssssss!!!
splurt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its nothing to hear, its a noise floor, very loud white noise... really when i say that i mean that, its got no special characteristics, just buy a 10 dollar mixer t radio shack and itll be similar, except zero8 cost 1999....
wthrelfall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I specifically purchased the zero 8 for live performance use for a very high profile artist (korg are particularly anal about their artist endorsement program), but it's totally unuseable. sounds like an fm radio stuck between bands and glitches out whilst using firewire, so no surprises that we'll be using a competitors piece of kit for the tour. funny, i thought there were a few companies out there who still believed in building pro kit.. Korg have obviously opted to just take the money and run on this one. oh well, only going to hurt their own profits in the long run, what do I care? see ya korg....
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you with the hiss problem spoken to your local tech guys at Korg?
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. They suggested swapping the mixer out at the dealer for another one. But since I have seen so many others with the same issue... including one who swapped out and still has hiss... I decided paying for shipping to return my mixer was not the best idea. The next mixer would just have the hiss, and I would be out the shipping cost and be without my MIDI controller during the process. Better to wait until I see that a solution has been found, then go through the return/repair process.
dimconcept

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a zero 8 unit a few days ago. Thus far, I have not heard the "hissing" mentioned here. I am using a pair of self powered Yamaha monitors and turned the volume all the way up. Pretty quiet.

Is there something specific you guys are doing to make the noise more obvious? Maybe the latest batch of mixers don't have the issue?
subterFUSE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimconcept wrote:
I just picked up a zero 8 unit a few days ago. Thus far, I have not heard the "hissing" mentioned here. I am using a pair of self powered Yamaha monitors and turned the volume all the way up. Pretty quiet.

Is there something specific you guys are doing to make the noise more obvious? Maybe the latest batch of mixers don't have the issue?

No.... my hiss is not affected by volumes on the mixer, or by other pieces of gear connected.

The recent formware update did not cure the issue.
grrrant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your ZERO8. We tentatively expect the parts required for a modification to be available for U.S. customers in March. The modification will be done at Korg USA authorized service centers and both parts and labor will fully covered in cost by Korg USA. We thank you for your patience and patronage of Korg. In the meantime, if there is anything else I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate.

Best regards,

Max

Product Support for Korg Recorders, DJ Products, Controllers and Software

Korg USA, Inc.

(Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm Eastern Time)

www.korg.com
wthrelfall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for customers in the UK? I still haven't had a reply from my enquiry through the Korg uk support pages. Wake up Korg UK..
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.. were awake wthrelfall, just havent posted an official answer yet.
Deft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: ......... Reply with quote

What is the hardware modification?
I have to say I don't think the hiss is a massive deal - simply because the pre-amps totally swamp it in terms of noise and it doesn't appear to change with gain settings. Therefore - I don't personally see it as a massive issue (I probably wouldn't bother sending off a Zero 8 for a hardware fix). I thought they may just noise gate / squelch it out?

However, I have finished writing a review on the Zero 8 so would like to get details of a 'fix' in there for completeness if anyone has anyone concrete info.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: