Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lame Music Stores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Lame Music Stores Reply with quote

My wife and I are visiting family today in a town about an hour or so away, so I decided to call a few music stores in that area to see what keyboards they had in stock. But....seems that nothing worthwhile was available! What's with that? That isn't the first time I've looked for synths in a music store, only to find they carry nothing.....or just "toys". With the wide range of synths available now (starting at $399), I expected better.

Even our local "mom and pop" store carry Yammy and Korg. Not a huge selection, but they have some decent stuff--they even hosted a Korg seminar a few months ago with an M3 demo.

Mad
Voltan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...
I live in the biggest city in Poland (2 mln people) and there's only 1 (ONE!) store that has any Korg stuff at all (in fact they even have an OASYS on display).
All the other stores (lots of them) only stock digital pianos and some lower-shelf arrangers (Casio and PSR Yammies). I've seen a Tyros in one of them and a Fantom and a Nord Stage in another one but that's all...
So talk to me about lame stores Wink
argentique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys...you know that stocks are not good for the business and every retail point of sales follow this rule when possible.
I live in Lyon that's about 3 millions and I never was able to try my TR88 before to buy.
I got the chance to try the TR in Sardinia in a city 300K habitants.
I think a possible explaination is that this zero stock level politic is still not true in little countries....
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Small" Panama City FL, USA..Has Leitz, who carry the majors...and all asso. hard/soft as well, and Two others in town carry a few...B&H carries Korg...Another carries elect and school band as well as Acoustic Pianos...Leitz main is a large display floor, probably 7-8 thousand feet or more..

Town size??? About 35,000, so I am much better off than I knew...!! Also have a MAJOR expert on Speaker rebuild (NOT just recone...), and another expert on ALL keyboard repair, inc. the beginning units like Mogg. They did the work on my O1W two yrs ago..so I guess I am blessed again...!! Very Happy
ellll Rolling Eyes (John)
bkboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poland is a backward country, many parts of USA are same too except the major cities but atleast in USA, you can internet order stuff, don't know about eastern european countries
Voltan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not THAT bad!
there's no problem with ordering anything via internet (at least as long as a company has official distribution here but most of them have Smile )
We've been a part of the EU for some time now so - product availability-wise - it's pretty much the same as the rest of Europe. Price-wise too. Too bad Polish salaries are not at quite at the same level yet Razz
I mean - you CAN get all the stuff... but in most cases you need to order it.
I haven't seen (or heard of) a Polish artist play an OASYS yet Wink And I'm the first one I know to own a M3 (but there are probably some I don't know about) Wink
Besides - Polish music scene is kinda "special" Wink
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in a Mom and Pop store in Ft. Myers Fl and we carry Every Major brand and usually have all of them in stock even Oasys!! We always meet or beat internt or the mass merchant,big box stores prices too!! As far as the hard to get stuff IE, Moog Access, Dave Smith etc. we can get them! Cool
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: