Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality---+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Quality---+ Reply with quote

My O1W had the repairs I detailed before...heavy use button wear; re[placed those in the plastic only..(14 buttons).. and the backlight & new batt....It still is perfect...No probs...Electroluminecent backlight..(See the thread on Backlight Material) near perfect...cost 20..(Gone up to 22 bucks for the kit now...

For a few years, we used it sev. hrs day in concert..for several years addition...used without turning off much of the time...dropped twice...leave it on all the time now...arrange simple church mus. for a childrens choir..and print it off.

The case is REALLY excellent...If it were even a Lexus, ir would show more actual wear..the black is perfect..matt is matt, shiny is shiny...plastic is perfect...cleaned it with damp clth ...very lite spray of armor all...thats all I ever did...

You Can't complain when things work this well in this throw-away world of today...!!!!

ellll Rolling Eyes
dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the unit is built like a tank. I bought mine when they were first released and I only changed the battery for the first time about four months ago. Some of my very best stuff was done solely on the O1/Wfd. I'm very fond of that beast. Smile

Kind regards.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirm, Dave..I also used mine for many things...And am now ready to buy...but I am old, and the O1W is still....so beautiful!! In sound as well as condition! I will buy a Triton if I like it well enough after a full rehash..otherwise I will be looking...

Many Thanks!!! John (Commonly called ellll)
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was built a lot stronger than most things produced today!
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the comments, my friends...I have written a mess elsewhere, detailing a bit my view and trouble w/keyboards..I am old, and don't want to learn an entire new "protocol" unless its EASYYYY.. If you can suggest such, ..I am looking again..

My Regards, John Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: