Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading factory sounds on M1 using sysex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Loading factory sounds on M1 using sysex Reply with quote

Hi folks!! I'm having a problem loading the factory presets in sysex format onto my M1 from PC. I'm using Midiox and the midi transfer hardware is 'Midi mate'. Everything seems to be working perfectly except when the download indicator bar gets 1/2 - 2/3 full, a message appears which says "!Sysex Output Devices: The port is transmitting data to the device. Wait till the data has been transmitted, and then try again". Then the download stops. The result is I get a range of sounds on the M1, but the names are still "Init Program" on all of them, and all are clean sounds - no effects (delays etc) on them. The pitch bender doesn't work, and the first sound is not the recognizable 'Universe' sound. Any ideas what's happening? Is my computer too slow to transmit? Should I be adjusting the Midiox software? Appreciate your help!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a setting in Midiox which will slow the data rate down, I can't remember the exact name 'cos I am in Mac land. But look on the settings in the sysex window or the option for the inter buffer pause time. That should help.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I just remembered something ... look for Delay/Milliseconds between buffers as per this article relating to the Wavestation :

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun02/articles/wavestationtips.asp
Azza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks dude! I'll give the article a look (I'm an Aussie living in Singapore for now, so I should be working!!!). So what you're saying is that slowing down the transfer rate should help ensure the data is transferred correctly. Will get back and let you know how it goes. Cheers!
Azza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Daz! It worked!! I have the original sounds onboard now Laughing
Another question - is there any room to load additional sounds onto the M1 while maintaining the original sounds? If so, how do I go about doing it? And if i modify the sounds onboard, can i then save them while maintaining the original sounds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: